• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

Nilithium

Nilithium

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Hey, CZeroFive? Would there be a chance of HAWKEN arriving on the 28th? As someone who stumbled across this game by accident, it'd be a great birthday present.
  • DieselCat likes this

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

from available info, the chance is 1 in 14...

OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

I am omega and I approve of this message. 

@ C05

What do you mean by customizations will cause issues? How will this affect my scount. Don't touch my scout. 

Edited by OmegaNull, 18 May 2017 - 08:01 AM.

• Shade__ likes this

Scootin' 'n Shoot | Bawlin' 'n Brawlin' | Ragin' 'n Raidin'

ca62ab9a-2ce9-4a20-b368-0cde03b1331d.png

"Velocitas et Eradico"

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

I am omega and I approve of this message. 

@ C05

What do you mean by customizations will cause issues? How will this affect my scount. Don't touch my scout. 

custom game configs, probably relating to .ini tweaks and the such.

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

TangledMantis

TangledMantis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

custom game configs, probably relating to .ini tweaks and the such.

just backup the old files before update and compare them to the new files if your stuff gets overwritten. It would surprise me if they didnt get overwritten given how big this update is. 

Ill be looking into the changes after the update as without custom config files I get 0.5 fps. If the game doesnt let you tweak the engine to run on lower end GPUs, ill be locked out of my account until I can afford to buy a new PC. 

We shall wait and see.

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
^ None of this anything without arm spoilers.

wmmoney.png

TangledMantis

TangledMantis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

^ None of this anything without arm spoilers.

The raiderosity causes a drop in framerate

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

The raiderosity causes a drop in framerate

NEVER... that's just your own fear manifesting in shakey reflexes from wielding such awesome power !

wmmoney.png

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

I remember how back in 2015 I shared an idea about Competitive hawken. But the community came up with it being a cheesy form of hawken. Welp it's happening now

Cheesy how? Most of the cheese is outlawed in the community run comp lol

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

FRX23

FRX23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

At the relaunch, will the client be updated and so the engine ? Or it will happen later ?

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

At the relaunch, will the client be updated and so the engine ? Or it will happen later ?

At relaunch there will be a patch (I'm not sure how a relaunch would happen without a patch anyway).  That patch will contain everything that has been released thus far from the devs on console.  For a full rundown on what will be coming in that patch, see everything that has hit console already. If it includes an engine update to UE 3.5, then yes.

• FRX23 likes this

lNM7VnC.png

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Yes, the client will be updated. The 'engine' is not separate from the client.

'Engine' is just a term used to describe the codebase at its core. It's not really important 'what engine' a game uses, though some base frameworks do run better than others just due to the way they are programmed.

Edited by CZeroFive, 19 May 2017 - 07:34 PM.

• FRX23 likes this

Draco3

Draco3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

CZeroFive, would there be any issue to put up a poll and someone winning a small prize for guessing the right date?

FRX23

FRX23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Yes, the client will be updated. The 'engine' is not separate from the client.

'Engine' is just a term used to describe the codebase at its core. It's not really important 'what engine' a game uses, though some base frameworks do run better than others just due to the way they are programmed.

So we can expect some performance optimisations with this update ?

I got a high-end rig and i still have some issues, so i guess that a lot of people is hoping for that.

• diablo878 likes this

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

So we can expect some performance optimisations with this update ?

I got a high-end rig and i still have some issues, so i guess that a lot of people is hoping for that.

Yes.
  • diablo878 and FRX23 like this

lNM7VnC.png

XPloyt

XPloyt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

After the first day of the update, it has reduced playability for me by about 50%. Hit detection is worse than it ever was. Even when I win, I don't feel satisfied.  The hit to contrast makes it harder to aim, and perhaps the graphical change possibly made it sloppy, taking up more resources.

The UI revamp seems to be a simple color change and the garage, although it seems more responsive.

Additionally, the recent hotfix to reduce the Ord's multiplier damage to 1.4 from 1.8 was the worst idea for balancing it. Where having too much heat was advantageous yet risky, it is now frowned upon as there is no upside to having heat built up; you will not do enough damage to change the outcome almost always. Coupled with horribly performing servers, Ord is campy at best and useless in all regards, and would absolutely recommend anyone not to purchase it. Complete waste of money unless you are forced to buy the g1 to move along the tree for something more desirable.

The more Hawken progresses, the cheekier it gets, as so I noticed, but I've also been wary as how the changes are being made; a little bit isn't going to kill the game, but going overboard will.

Edited by XPloyt, 20 May 2017 - 10:31 AM.

• (Xbox)A BackhandSlap likes this

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

I got the feeling, from reading the update notes, that some things that I think the game needed to do for new accounts has gone the opposite direction.

First, it sounds like that the new pilot training mode is gone.  This is, in my opinion, both counterproductive for actual new players AND makes it just one less deterrent to creating smurf accounts.  New players N.E.E.D. more, much more, training than even the original VR training experience provides before jumping into any online matches.  Smurf players N.E.E.D. more roadblocks in their way to make the prospect of creating the alternate account less appealing and more tedious - if the juice isn't worth the squeeze...

Second, the statement about "making it easier for new pilots to jump straight into an online match"... NO, just NO.  Again, new players need even more instruction and tutorial to ease them into the realities of online play than they already have, not "less", not "easier to get online and go".  There should be a tutorial for each and every game mode - one which has tasks and goals to complete that force the player to both do and understand why they're doing each task.  And that player should absolutely have to complete all the tasks and win the demonstration match BEFORE they are allowed to play a real online match.  This is also another important deterrent to smurf players.

So, I hope I just misunderstood the intent of those comments... but this worries me.

I DO realize that, from a business standpoint, it's easy to prioritize the potential additional income from smurf players who might go ahead and spend more money to get more things for their new account.  But, I urge consideration of the possibly equal income lost from other players who come into the game and get tired of getting stomped by smurfs and choose not to spend any money on the game.

• Nachoeslach and Mech__Warrior like this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

Puppet, some of it will become clearer when you first connect with the new client. 

• ReversusRex likes this

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

I got the feeling, from reading the update notes, that some things that I think the game needed to do for new accounts has gone the opposite direction.

First, it sounds like that the new pilot training mode is gone.  This is, in my opinion, both counterproductive for actual new players AND makes it just one less deterrent to creating smurf accounts.  New players N.E.E.D. more, much more, training than even the original VR training experience provides before jumping into any online matches.  Smurf players N.E.E.D. more roadblocks in their way to make the prospect of creating the alternate account less appealing and more tedious - if the juice isn't worth the squeeze...

Having a tutorial was never a barrier for smurfs as it could be avoided by pressing escape once.

And putting artificial barriers infront of players is a bad way to prevent smurfing. 

Spoiler

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Having a tutorial was never a barrier for smurfs as it could be avoided by pressing escape once.

And putting artificial barriers infront of players is a bad way to prevent smurfing. 

Which is why I said, elsewhere it turns out, that it should not be skippable.

I disagree with your second point.  These suggestions are not about putting barriers (artificial or otherwise) in front of new players - it's about helping them remove the bigger, real barrier of not knowing how to play, how to control their mech properly, how best to maneuver and what to do when joining an objective based match the first time.  A tutorial is there to HELP new players - and if it slows down smurf accounts, then I call that a "win/win".

I'll also add that I'd like to see the Hawken executable require Steam to be running and tie the user account to the Steam account.  Yet another way that it will make it more tedious to create alt accounts.

Edited by StubbornPuppet, 20 May 2017 - 12:16 PM.

• Charcoal likes this

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Smurf players N.E.E.D. more roadblocks in their way to make the prospect of creating the alternate account less appealing and more tedious - if the juice isn't worth the squeeze...

I disagree with your second point.  These suggestions are not about putting barriers (artificial or otherwise) in front of new players

this is confusing

Spoiler

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

Really?  I just spacebar-ed my way through it all.  The things you learn.

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

FARSTR1K3

FARSTR1K3

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Can you please fix the lagging issue after the update on Xbox one. Its near impossible to play now, yes I have a high speed connection, this is the only game that lagging occurs before the update it played perfectly.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

this is confusing

I think you're just being confused for the sake of disagreement.  Both points are separate and valid.  New players need tutorials.  Smurfs need barriers.  If a feature accomplishes both things... what's to be confused about?

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

I think you're just being confused for the sake of disagreement.  Both points are separate and valid.  New players need tutorials.  Smurfs need barriers.  If a feature accomplishes both things... what's to be confused about?

No, I'm confused because in the first quote you say there need to be more roadblocks, and the second one you say that it isn't about putting roadblocks in people's way

Spoiler

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

I think you're just being confused for the sake of disagreement. Both points are separate and valid. New players need tutorials. Smurfs need barriers. If a feature accomplishes both things... what's to be confused about?

Rest assured there is a better new player experience. I think you've misunderstood a little bit as reflected by your posts.

lNM7VnC.png

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

No, I'm confused because in the first quote you say there need to be more roadblocks, and the second one you say that it isn't about putting roadblocks in people's way

You're not acknowledging the fact that I said "obstacles to creating smurf accounts" and reinforced that these act as benefits to the new player experience.  New players are NOT the same as smurf accounts.

Rest assured there is a better new player experience. I think you've misunderstood a little bit as reflected by your posts.

Cool, thanks for the hope.

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

At the very least if smurfs are rapidly moved up the MMR ladder if they stomp in their first game, it wont be sustainable for them to make new accounts every single game just to stay low MMR. Smurfing wont have any benefit other then anonymity and that isn't going to ruin game balance.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2017 Is Going To Be A Great Year For HAWKEN!

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

to make new accounts every single game.

It's not fun... you should be really crazy for making new acc, play one game, unlogin, making new acc on forum, and repeat this everytime. really crazy.

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

LU0P10

LU0P10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

No changes to Tech? I'll pass and hold off from Hawken, maybe she still needs few years to develop LOL :P 

BRAIN99

BRAIN99

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Wow. This update renders the game nearly unplayable. My FPS went to hell. It was smooth and now its like 5-8 at best. Also this restyle on the menus looks like a flash game, and the selection for joining games is pretty illogical. Why would the launch button launch me in a random mech? Just launch me in the previous mech. At least make it a double click for selecting directly from mechs too.

Someone please tell me how to boost my FPS without getting a hardware upgrade. As far as I see, there's no reason for the amount of FPS drop getting an update would cause. Unless the devs want to cut out a chunk of their playerbase.

• Brother3J and popeco like this

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
There is a G2 Tech ... praise the wisdom from of the blinking red light !

wmmoney.png

singaii

singaii

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I have issue with sound.

updated all driver but no change. i got voice chat but no ingame sound !

i report to support, let see

new directx shader seem quit darker

Lorenzitto

Lorenzitto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

So simply we've lost PhysX effects because of update to "latest" Unreal Engine 3.5.my.fuzzy bunny?

Damn.......... 
And I've even bought Vanguard Gold Package years ago to "support" the "launch".
Greets, Mr. Hawkins. 

Nilithium

Nilithium

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Wow. This update renders the game nearly unplayable. My FPS went to hell. It was smooth and now its like 5-8 at best. Also this restyle on the menus looks like a flash game, and the selection for joining games is pretty illogical. Why would the launch button launch me in a random mech? Just launch me in the previous mech. At least make it a double click for selecting directly from mechs too.

Someone please tell me how to boost my FPS without getting a hardware upgrade. As far as I see, there's no reason for the amount of FPS drop getting an update would cause. Unless the devs want to cut out a chunk of their playerbase.

That's strange. My FPS (i3-6100+1050Ti) has only improved. Hitregis still unstable, so I'm out til it's fixed.

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

I've searched in this forum but I can't find the screenshots of the data (weapons stats, including new weapons, weapons avaibility per mech, etc).

Do anyone still have them ?

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

Jardo_T_Mighty

Jardo_T_Mighty

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hmm... I'm glad there's going to be an update. Immensely glad.

But am I the only one who thinks the old (PC only) UI looks far better and is more fitting of the style of game than this new one is?

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!

The issues with instability I'm fine with, I know they are temporary.
The crashes, again, another byproduct of moving forward, perfectly fine. This game was free to download, and anything I bought was more a donation to keep it going.

But good *lord* that UI makes me sick. The UI prior, which I thought was what *all* Hawken looked like (I was unaware of console or what it had different) was glorious. That 'awful' green was magnificent, and everything about how gritty the UI appeared resonated with me tenfold.... But... Beyond that, it's the very *scale* of the UI that bothers me.

All else, I am certain will get ironed out, and I have no issues with it.................. But that UI makes me feel uneasy.

*That* being said... I'm a huge fan of where this is going, and am more than willing to keep up with how it progresses. <3

talon70

talon70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Nvidia users have a new path to look to in the control panel, 3d settings, program settings, find the new 64bit hwk exe, scroll down to power management and 'prefer maximum performance' for starts

5-8fps is really too low to play any games, goood luck

• MCX_TheRockMachine likes this

Uranus1

Uranus1

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I am very disappointed with this update, yes i get it, you guys are working hard, and i appreciate that, but for the love of god, the dodge and air dodge was on point before, why mess with that? now it takes two more seconds to dodge. i spent hours and hours trying to perfect my gameplay, and now everything is all over the place. i feel like im stuck in a slower game. and that i should start using a controller instead of a mouse and keyboard. and i get hurt now when i land? cmon. im a fast player, this update slowed my gameplay down and now i decided to leave the game alone till they fix whatever you guys have done. its was an awesome game. i hope you guys can go back and fix what was not broken. add more maps too.  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:

LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Sounds Awesome! :thumbsup:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users