- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

DFTR

DFTR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hawken was first multiplayer game I really fell in love with... anyway now that the end is a few months away, I was looking for recommendations?  

I tried overwatch and didn't really care for it.  

Sadly don't think there are any good looking mech games out there :(

• FunkMaster67 likes this

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

I asked the same a month or so ago and the only suggestions I remember getting were Overwatch and Mech Warrior.  I don't care for either.

I suppose something will eventually come along... or I can just enjoy more time to do more meaningful things with my life. :|

• EM1O, DieselCat and FunkMaster67 like this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Warframe ain't bad right now. It's also free. Ummmm you can also play PUBG with me or you can try Warframe. Did I also mention Warframe? Mmmmkay just checking. Oh, you should also check out Warframe, I heard that's a good one.

• DieselCat and FunkMaster67 like this

Just here.                            

g44azur1mvxs41m4g.jpg

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

What about WarFrame .....Have you heard about that game ?  :tongue:

Just Relax....and take life one game at a time....

Don't run to your death....walk

th_Duckman.jpg   th_82c0a97c-98de-4aac-be47-05e5e099be80.

*+

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

Obviously, there is no super good online game about mechs except hawken and MWO.

but, if you tired from MMO games, and love cyberpunk and mechas, i can recommended you "Brigador: up armored edition" in steam. it is not a multiplayer game, but it is cool game about mechas.
if shortly, Brigador is - 2D stealth-action run (with elements of roguelike) in a fully destroyable cyberpunk city.
the most cool thing in the game - destructible environment, where full map - is a key to survive. and you need always moving to not die. alot of mechs, tanks, agravs which you can play, and ~45-50 weapons which you can put on you vehicle (one primary and one secondary, like in hawken). in it also have cool music and atmosphere in general.

• Amidatelion and EM1O like this

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

with the deth of hawken i proudly recommend: Hapken, as in any russian open sourced version of hawken whenever that ends up happening

course theres always WarFarm or FashionFrame (custom) (free) (dont recommend, even koreans didnt design an MMORPG that has this much grinding, and the puzzles are often a fuzzy bunny to solve., pvp is an elitest fest and dont expect anybody to slow down to make it fair)

dreadnought (UE4) (free) (probably a bit more grindy then ideal, but at least its a free ue4 mmo, probably a bit niche)

dirty bomb (UE3) (free) (it will probably be ded soon the way shits going, it'll be one of the last good f2p ue3 titles to croak, get it while it breathes)

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

It was only about the game for me in the beginning, and then it was about the community.  

Do what I did - find some like minded people, go find a game you can all play together. 

PS Rob and Turd, hit me up if you wanna play BF1. Yeah yeah it's a military shooter and its graphics are demanding and also shittily designed, but hey, our first scrim we went 5-0 and there's plenty of room to punch up.

• FunkMaster67 and Nolo24 like this

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

I tried Dirty Bomb.  It was alright at first... but then came the diminishing player base, then the cheaters... and it's still way, way too much of a twitch shooter for me.

What I love about Hawken is that it's still got a fast pace, but the skirmishes last long enough to allow for tactics, maneuvering and a wee bit of luck - just enough to make it actually fun.  I hate how every other FPS since the first Modern Warfare has had to be about "I saw you first so you're dead... now you saw me first so I'm dead."  yawn.

• DieselCat, Charcoal and FunkMaster67 like this

wischatesjesus

wischatesjesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

HGA seems like a logical recommendation.

EDIT: scratch that. HGA has fewer players online than Hawken right now. Maybe sit on it and wait till it releases properly.

Edited by wischatesjesus, 13 October 2017 - 06:29 AM.

oFFOtRH.jpg

High Tier Cabal (Noun): A group of people who used to play Hawken.  

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

I'll add that Rocket League had my firm attention for about 6 to 8 months... but then the devs for that game decided that their stupid "crates and keys" system and MLG style tournaments were more important than actually playing the damn game for fun and totally ruined the game.  I uninstalled that crap and walked away.  Hell, I was even an in-game and forum moderator for them and that wasn't enough to keep me from telling the whole community to stop supporting the game until they got their priorities straight.  No surprise that they took away my moderator status and privileges - even took away the in-game stuff that I'd earned through that "privilege".

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

I am getting old here, a few prolly still remember me, I like it. 

Anyhow. Ever since Hawken had its first right-before-death phase I was looking for another game to main. Must say I got into Elite: Dangerous pretty fast. 

If you want PvP, be prepared to get your booty handed over. You either win or pay the cost of your failure ... which are insurance costs in form of credits. Yes, dying means you lose progress and if you can't pay insurance you lose your ship. If it's the only ship you have you start from scratch again excluding the achievements and reputation unlocks.

If you don't want to do PvP you can do PvE, trading, lore science, exploring, roleplay or whatever your heart desirtes. In the near future we are getting content improvements for a whole year. New ships, bugfixes, etc. .. there is no better time to start. We also have encrypted spectographs that show un-human navigation maps which aren't decoded yet. 

For drop in-out games I recommend Battlefield and The Long Dark. 

There are no mech games like Hawken out there but studying IT I will notifying ya'll if I ever get to the point where I develope games. Spoiler: They will be balanced and not easy at all. .. IF I get to that point :p

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

peacecraftSLD

peacecraftSLD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

I am playing Gundam Versus on my PS4 now. Happy they brought that game to the States now. Its not Hawken or first person but its a nice solid mech game that gives a lot of choices fast game play. I like the online 3v3 experience except when it lags. Lots of things to unlock and there are coming out with more mechs to play as time goes by.

Playing that and Destiny 2 at this time. Might get it for the PC to get that 60 fps.

Edited by peacecraftSLD, 13 October 2017 - 09:33 AM.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

I don't need the game to be "Mech".  I just want a FPS that I can jump online and play a match in 30mins or less, which allows me to get in some dueling shootouts and maneuver around... rather than being a game of hide and seek where dead aim and twitch reflexes are more important than good moves and smart fighting.

Edited by StubbornPuppet, 13 October 2017 - 02:13 PM.

William_Adama

William_Adama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

eve Valkyrie warzone is now out for non VR users it also has cross play between ps4 and pc

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

MAV. Modular assault vehicle. Mech game. It's rough around the edges, but the Developer is everything the Hawken developers should strive to be. Weekly updates as well as a slowly building community. 

https://bombdogstudios.com/ 

KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Planetside 2.

What if we just give some bacon paint, some bacon holo-emotes and change Bunker from snow to bacon.

This way, everyone will be happy.

What you should really do, is replace your parts with bacon, so you can cook games and eat bacon

Obviously the wallpaper would be cooler if bacon was incorporated into it.

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

If you're looking for something with a slower TTK, Destiny 2's probably your best bet.  Doesn't have Hawken's dodging, but you have access to slides and class-dependent movement options.  Definitely not super speedy, though.  I enjoy Battlefield 1, but the ttk's pretty quick; Star Wars Battlefront 2's a similar game for people who enjoy that series.  Jumpjet troopers actually have a lot of movement and are easy to earn if you're a strong FPS player.

Gigantic's fast-paced with a bunch of movement options (again, class-dependent), but the playerbase is small.  And there's always Overwatch if you don't mind molasses (slow). 

Best bet for speed and high ttk is probably Quake Champions.  Small community and massive learning curve, but you'll always have someone to play against.  Unreal Tournament (4) may turn into another option if Epic ever gets off their ass and finishes it. 

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

one-man show, Modular Assault Vehicles, at BombdogStudios.com

basic stuff, but fun.

Edited by EM1O, 14 October 2017 - 06:30 PM.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

Morquedeas

Morquedeas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Haven't really played Warframe in ages, is it still the grindiest grindfest of all time?

For Overwatch people I actually recommend Paladins, which is a free OW clone that I think fixed a lot of the bad gameplay/map issues that OW is fraught with.

Always looking forward the Star Citizen, but who knows when that will become realistically playable.

Destiny 2 and Battlefront 2 are definitely options, I'm leaning much more towards Battlefront after playing the beta's of each.  Nice TTK games, but I'll wait till after they are released to make a decision for sure.

UT/Quake are probably the most realistic choices for fast paced skill based shooters.

Pumapaw

Pumapaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Xcom 2 if you haven't given it a whirl. Earth has been conquered and you lead earths resistance against the alien masters.

Then when you master that you got xcom 2 long war and get to relearn xcom 2 again it is a free mod upgrade.

Then if you truly get bored you got 3 pay for game add ons each makes the game a new adventure.

You also have a huge mod add ons base by fans to try new things.

Takes a few years to get boring.

Edited by Pumapaw, 15 October 2017 - 02:21 PM.

• DieselCat, Charcoal and Gueber like this

Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Totally not about mechs but for some smashing coop fun:

Monster hunter world!

Edited by Luaq, 16 October 2017 - 03:57 PM.

angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

dota 2, starcraft 1 remastered,  chivalry on steam  is nice too.

october 17, 2017

Edited by angryhampster, 17 October 2017 - 07:11 PM.

PsychedelicGrass

PsychedelicGrass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
I've gotten really into titanfall 2 recently. It has some cool movement options, mech combat, 1500-3000 players depending on time of day, lots of explosions, and so far what seems to be a high skill ceiling. TTK is similar to stuff like bf1 but it's fun, easy to get the basics down, and takes some effort to get good at. Suitable replacement imo.

What's the big fuzzy bunnyng deal? Lots of amazing people have committed suicide, and they turned out alright.

Xenogeist

Xenogeist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Block N Load.  A fun, free-to-play shooter, other than that it has nothing in common with Hawken.

I just started playing it but Satellite Reign seems like a fun cyberpunk game.  It's on the $1 tier of one of the current humble bundles.  https://www.humblebu...wn-under-bundle

Mordhiem: City of the Damned for the best turn based strategy you can find. 

I agree there aren't many good looking mech games out there currently.  Mech Warrior Online is something I've tried twice now but just couldn't enjoy at all.  It looks nice enough but I just don't like the way it plays.  The upcoming Battletech game might be good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users