HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

HAWKEN: Ascension Patch Video

Game News

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#81 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted September 01 2013 - 05:03 PM

I know, that is will not help solve the issue, but, "Its not the same, It was more fun before"

i never post comment in news or something else, but i am tired. I am tired from all of this.

#82 TheKiltedSith

TheKiltedSith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 01 2013 - 07:30 PM

View PostDread_nought, on August 31 2013 - 05:09 AM, said:

View PostHideyoshiYaoi, on August 31 2013 - 04:45 AM, said:

Posted Image

I will most likely regret asking this, but wth is that gif from_  I haven't laughed so hard in ages.

PlasticNeeSan good sir. The whole show is only about 30 mins long

#83 Rasti

Rasti

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted September 01 2013 - 07:54 PM

View PostBeefsweat, on September 01 2013 - 06:39 AM, said:

unusable HUD
Wait, wut_

Disregarding all the 'HUD X is better than HUD Y' talk, in what way is the current HUD 'unusable'_
I inquire an elaboration.

Jonnywithanh said:

yes you can be yoda

#84 Wasabi_Wei

Wasabi_Wei

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationMadison, Wisconsin, USA, Earth

Posted September 01 2013 - 08:02 PM

I'll take a stab. One thing that has always bothered me is how thick and obtrusive the ( + ) side bars are. The new HUD does not pull my attention away from the distance as much.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world. - Grateful Dead lyric, but really true.

Just Saying: "If an officer of the law expects to be treated as such, then they had better act as one and uphold our laws and Rights in the pursuit of Justice."

#85 UncleBlitz

UncleBlitz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Location...ǝp¡s ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ uo

Posted September 01 2013 - 09:23 PM

cant wait for this( air dodge & bots trainning for my kids)...
"ascension patch notes are realised on september 2"...cool!...but the patch itself _ i must be blind but i cant find the release date...+.+
secretly hoping that we can  desactivate the"turn back / 180°" ...it s quite frustrating to show your back to the battle...+ a backward boost/dodge would be the cherry on the cake :D
thx for this true FPS...the only game able to replace UT TDMs to my eyes ;)

#86 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted September 01 2013 - 09:43 PM

Nepacaka, what do you mean by spam items_

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#87 Midnight_Wyvern

Midnight_Wyvern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted September 01 2013 - 11:26 PM

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on August 30 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

HAWKEN: Ascension is the largest content update for HAWKEN so far. Improvements to progression, gameplay, performance and more are what await you in this highly anticipated patch.

More details will be revealed when the HAWKEN: Ascension patch notes are released on September 2.

Click here to view the article
Is there any chance those performance updates would involve visual optimization_  I love this game and how beautiful it is, but while I can run most other Unreal based games on High easily, I have to disable all advanced rendering options and reduce Hawken to Medium to keep a stable framerate.

I'd love to be able to bring my settings up higher and play this game the way it was meant to be experienced. :)
Amidst the blue skies
A link from past to future
The sheltering wings of the protector

#88 Siamenis

Siamenis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Locationinvading Zion

Posted September 01 2013 - 11:56 PM

View PostMidnight_Wyvern, on September 01 2013 - 11:26 PM, said:

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on August 30 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

HAWKEN: Ascension is the largest content update for HAWKEN so far. Improvements to progression, gameplay, performance and more are what await you in this highly anticipated patch.

More details will be revealed when the HAWKEN: Ascension patch notes are released on September 2.

Click here to view the article
Is there any chance those performance updates would involve visual optimization_  I love this game and how beautiful it is, but while I can run most other Unreal based games on High easily, I have to disable all advanced rendering options and reduce Hawken to Medium to keep a stable framerate.

I'd love to be able to bring my settings up higher and play this game the way it was meant to be experienced. :)

Well, in the Hawken Data Stream thread in this forum, there is a mention of visual improvements to the current maps in the live version, coming with the patch. Devs said that we can expect smoother gameplay, so basically you should be able to get some improvement, though there is only so much these optimizations can get you if you are running an obsolete rig.
Posted Image

#89 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted September 02 2013 - 02:19 AM

I mean the setup of 3 items on the mech.
In my opinion, the items should only help a little defeat the enemy
(or sometimes in a specific situation.) With this use of the patch become more important.
and general uselessness of many items when there is a situation that 90% of players are using the same combination of the most powerful items. it's sad.

I'm sorry for my bad english
Sometimes Google translator can not translate what I'm saying. necessary to write yourself (and sometimes i incorrectly choose my words)

#90 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted September 02 2013 - 02:26 AM

View Postnepacaka, on September 02 2013 - 02:19 AM, said:

I mean the setup of 3 items on the mech.
In my opinion, the items should only help a little defeat the enemy
(or sometimes in a specific situation.) With this use of the patch become more important.
and general uselessness of many items when there is a situation that 90% of players are using the same combination of the most powerful items. it's sad.

I'm sorry for my bad english
Sometimes Google translator can not translate what I'm saying. necessary to write yourself (and sometimes i incorrectly choose my words)
I totally understand you. :)
Before OB you could use 3 different items, and the new slot system will prevent for equipping more from the advanced versions. So if you want to use the best shield, you will only have space for one more MKII item or two MKI. If you check the videos of the new gameplay you will see that you can not spam them, because there is a cooldown that prevents Alpha strike with two offensive items.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#91 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted September 02 2013 - 02:58 AM

it's hard to perceive spoken English, if a person don't speaks slowly and with expression, I catch the general sense of the phrase, but I can lose sight of precise sense (complete sense).

I probably not completely understand announcer(narrator) in the video.

In any case, the work must not be carried out over the balance, and so on-that would make the game more playable. Optimize the engine, reduce ping, etc.
Because it lost all desire to play when the game lags and crashes to the desktop in the middle of the match. (when other new games are no problem, like crysis, call of duty...)
hawken main problem that doesn't balance, the main problem - uncomfortable gameplay

#92 i_love_you

i_love_you

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 02 2013 - 04:38 AM

Today is September 2 when jineunga been patched_
It's true that the patch will_
Time to patch the correct time in GMT please let

#93 Greenfox21

Greenfox21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationGermany, Hessen

Posted September 02 2013 - 05:04 AM

Its still in the monring.. earlier mornings. Where Hawkenites devs live.

So long way young padawan.

And MAYBE its only patch notes, not the patch itself ^^. Just saying~
If you want to know what gmt. Most likely around -6 or so~
For me its around 7 Hours timedifference.
Love is like an Exotherme Reaction. As soon as it started, it will grow infintly.
Till it used up all the matter which let it react all that time~
Just be careful, how much of that matter you burn up for each second of your love.
You don't want to burn yourself on Love~

#94 Stygota

Stygota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted September 02 2013 - 05:29 AM

View PostShadowWarg, on August 31 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

Maybe if the health bar curved along the screen and moved slightly to simulate that it was actually on the helmet people would accept it better.

Yeah, this.  I haven't played much Halo past the 2nd, but I really love how the interface slowly grew more immersive.  The curvature of the helmet display subtly increasing and becoming more "realistic" along with tweaks to color, font, and icons were awesome to me.

View PostXionos, on August 31 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

nokari, on August 31 2013 - 12:57 PM, said:

That's not proof, it's supposition. There's no proof that these mechs should be required to be gritty in every aspect. What's on the outside doesn't require the inside to match and people keep forgetting that the pilots are wearing helmets. Helmets can have HUDs more advanced looking than what's on the outside and until people actually play in their own mechs and see that there are still things in the HUD that look like the original (which are in the preview videos), they should hold their opinions about how "high end sci-fi" the HUD really is.

Except the all the previous variations of Hawken's HUD have held the same style. This new HUD is a clear step away from that Aesthetic. Not only does this new HUD step away from the previous Incarnations themes, it also lacks many of the components that made it feel like a mech cockpit.

The point I make is that you could not have thrown the old crosshair and HUD onto any other FPS. This new crosshair is much more generic and doesn't even have as much functionality as the old crosshair. Some people actually used the Accelerometer, Altimeter and Compass. The new crosshair is not one you'd use piloting any kind of vehicle.

Aesthetics are all about feel, and I can take one look at that new crosshair and guarantee you it doesn't feel as "I'm a Mech Pilot" as the old one.

I do feel like the actual cockpit could use a little griming up.  Maybe project the altimeter and other stuff on the visor, as suggested above_  I'm not sure which instruments should be cockpit based and which should be visor based - maybe both for redundancy_

Given the amount of maintenance that goes into jet/helicopter/plane maintenance, I'm not sure how "grimy" the cockpits should look.  Granted, it's war and what-not, and everything should have a worn or well-used look to fit the aesthetics.

Edited by Stygota, September 02 2013 - 05:33 AM.

Wnat a cheap new lease mech_

Posted Image

#95 davek1979

davek1979

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationAt the table, eating Cupcakes for breakfast...

Posted September 02 2013 - 05:40 AM

On that new map... will I be able to stand on a mushroom with my mech _ I always wanted to do that in Hawken.
"Mega-damage is systematically dismantling this game." - waftycrank. QFT. (http://community.pla...er/#entry224885)
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we spread out, we die.[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we stick together, we die together. (in memory of f_error, gone, but not forgotten)[/font]

#96 nitinkaveriappa

nitinkaveriappa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 02 2013 - 06:27 AM

Where is this patch__ Its 2nd September already.......

#97 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted September 02 2013 - 06:34 AM

View Postnitinkaveriappa, on September 02 2013 - 06:27 AM, said:

Where is this patch__ Its 2nd September already.......

The patch is still floating around in the future, but the patch NOTES will be published some time today.

#98 Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted September 02 2013 - 06:40 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#99 Greenfox21

Greenfox21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationGermany, Hessen

Posted September 02 2013 - 06:44 AM

^^ That Gif is nice.
Still be patient~

Just a few years to go~
Love is like an Exotherme Reaction. As soon as it started, it will grow infintly.
Till it used up all the matter which let it react all that time~
Just be careful, how much of that matter you burn up for each second of your love.
You don't want to burn yourself on Love~

#100 GrayWolf_56

GrayWolf_56

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted September 02 2013 - 07:44 AM

still waiting...
CR-T Recruit - "Newbie" | Technician - "Doc" | Rocketeer - "Stones"    xccxasaSas

AMD 955BE @ 3.60 gHz   |    ASUS ROG GENE   | 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 660Ti 2GB | Win Pro 64

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game, News

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users