• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Figured I'd provide my opinion.  Did write most of those TPG posts, after all.  While I appreciate that certain TPG participants and followers feel strongly about our threads being moved, I'm asking that people not resort to dramatics.  Doesn't help, and doesn't reflect well on the league - even if you're not on staff.

Personally, I'm not too fussed.  I just don't really care.  However, I would've preferred some discussion and some differentiation between obvious subforum threads (e.g., TPG Admin team and our philosophy) and TPG-related threads that address a wider  audience (e.g., weekly matches and streams).  Is it really so bad to have top-tier, competitive Hawken streams on a weekly basis?  I'd say that helps build both interest and community.  And I'd also say that those threads warrant general discussion space more than the usual tripe which fills that section.

As for the posters hell-bent on being punctilious, I'd suggest reviewing your own contributions to these forums and our community. 

Edited by God-King Nept, 13 July 2015 - 12:33 PM.

• devotion, _incitatus, Dawn_of_Ash and 2 others like this

Onebullit

Onebullit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Who the FuZzy BunNy is nept and who cares?

The title of this post exactly shows how egocentric you are, and i think that

the majority of tthe Hawken community doesn't give a damn on how or what you think or who you are.

• PoopSlinger, CrimsonKaim, Onstrava and 1 other like this

><(((((°> - - - - - - - - - - -  ><((°> ><((°> ><((°>

HAWKEN ---> hawken ---> hawken ---> RIP 2017

Hawken gameplay and funky fragmontages: Hawken playlist

Buy Free Mechs for 1234 $, NO SCAM, Babaji Approves

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

You know exactly who I am.  Otherwise, you wouldn't be so upset.

• devotion, M1lkshake, Xacius and 2 others like this

Onebullit

Onebullit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Pffff hahaha

Who is upset?

Edited by Onebullit, 13 July 2015 - 12:46 PM.

><(((((°> - - - - - - - - - - -  ><((°> ><((°> ><((°>

HAWKEN ---> hawken ---> hawken ---> RIP 2017

Hawken gameplay and funky fragmontages: Hawken playlist

Buy Free Mechs for 1234 $, NO SCAM, Babaji Approves

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Pffff hahaha

Who is uupset?

Clearly you.

• Nept likes this

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

devotion

devotion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

You know exactly who I am.  Otherwise, you wouldn't be so upset.

• Nept and OdinTheWise like this

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

I count 3 threads in a row about the same subject. This thread should not exist, it has been discussed enough. 

I would make a thread called 'Freeze's thread about creating threads that might as well be responses to already existing threads' but I know better.

• Knowledge70 likes this

KkaQ7HY.png

hsabot4.png  jaDBqOD.png  JsRCQoO.png  4XXKL4C.png

KDR Clan Leader | UVW Host |  KOBALT Leader

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

I count 3 threads in a row about the same subject. This thread should not exist, it has been discussed enough. 

I would make a thread called 'Freeze's thread about creating threads that might as well be responses to already existing threads' but I know better.

I didn't want people to continue posting angrily re: TPG's threads being relocated.  This thread was the easiest and best way of distributing that message, alongside some concerns from TPG.

Definitely one of those, if you don't like it, don't read it situations.

• devotion likes this

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

I didn't want people to continue posting angrily re: TPG's threads being relocated.  This thread was the easiest and best way of distributing that message, alongside some concerns from TPG.

Definitely one of those, if you don't like it, don't read it situations.

I thought the message was pretty clear in the threads and replies before. Don't get me wrong, you're free to express your opinion, but first thing I think of is 'Look at me, I'm more important than mere peasants and my opinion deserves it's own thread.' Your name doesn't help either, honestly.

This is your opinion on two or more already exiting threads. It should stay there.

Edited by (KDR) Dr_Freeze001, 13 July 2015 - 01:55 PM.

• Amidatelion likes this

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

I thought the message was pretty clear in the threads and replies before. Don't get me wrong, you're free to express your opinion, but first thing I think of is 'Look at me, I'm more important than mere pheasants and my opinion deserves it's own thread.' Your name doesn't help either, honestly.

This is your opinion on two or more already exiting threads. It should stay there.

The previous threads and replies are replete with back-and-forth bickering over whether the threads should have/should not have been moved.  This thread represents my thoughts as TPG Hawken's Head Admin.  You're free, of course, to take offense to that (alongside my name), but I'd suggest not wasting the energy.  Really, just seems as though you've an axe to grind.

In any case, I've heard you, and I disagree.  We'll leave it at that.

Also - and I don't mean this as a fuzzy bunny, especially since I've learned a couple languages myself - but the word you're wanting is "peasant".  This is a pheasant.

Edited by God-King Nept, 13 July 2015 - 01:57 PM.

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

F9Bz4lH.gif

what's going on?

• _incitatus, eth0, comic_sans and 2 others like this

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Also - and I don't mean this as a fuzzy bunny, especially since I've learned a couple languages myself - but the word you're wanting is "peasant".  This is a pheasant.

Yes, thank you. I was a bit careless with my spellcheck.

• Nept likes this

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Also - and I don't mean this as a fuzzy bunny, especially since I've learned a couple languages myself - but the word you're wanting is "peasant". This is a pheasant.

Iunno, pretty bird, shows off plumage, tastes delicious when you manage to get a kill...
  • Nept and OdinTheWise like this

LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

ded game, people complaining about too many threads, like there is something else to talk about. I'm pretty sure we've covered all the bases on "beta testing hawken." Seriously it's literally the same game as a year and a half ago. 

tumblr_n7bp8bNFnW1sj5p8wo1_500_zpsmeahes

• PoopSlinger, DerMax, wolfrock and 6 others like this

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
I might get slapped for this but i don't mind the tpg threads at all. What's the big deal ? if you aren't interested just skip them. It's only good to have something going on in here.

For all my fellow non-americans, i see something i would call a a slight over-reaction going on.
  • Nept, Elite_is_salty, _incitatus and 3 others like this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

I might get slapped for this but i don't mind the tpg threads at all. What's the big deal ? if you aren't interested just skip them. It's only good to have something going on in here.

For all my fellow non-americans, i see something i would call a a slight over-reaction going on.

344a7f66143012202280153713_700wa_0.gif

• _incitatus likes this

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

Your name doesn't help either, honestly.

• Nept, Elite_is_salty, _incitatus and 3 others like this

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

lwY3QRd.jpg

karnak

karnak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Illeism

• Nept likes this

Massive_Assailant_Stingray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

HA! Take that villainous scum! Cast back to the subforum pits where you belong!

Edited by Massive_Assailant_Stingray, 13 July 2015 - 03:21 PM.

• Nept and LoC_TR like this

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Now we have room for all those things that are happening with Hawken right now that aren't TPG!  All of them!

• _incitatus likes this

Onstrava

Onstrava

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

This thread. nswgo.gif

Hold on to the things you care about most, even if others see it as insignificant..If you can't be true to yourself, are you really living?

W4znwFO.jpg1sHSjPn.png1sHSjPn.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngbANk8SP.jpgMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.png1sHSjPn.pngW4znwFO.jpg

KamikazeCommando

KamikazeCommando

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
What's TGP stand for anyway?

I lol hearing about all these leagues the willy-wavers have set up, and we're still in Beta with not so much as an official scoreboard for players or officially set up teams, with no dedicated servers for league games besides private servers. I get tired when the willy-wavers find their way into public servers and end up ruining games by doing nothing but chasing the kills, in seige mode.

Get back to your private servers and be quiet, this old Alpha tester is still waiting for the devs* to get their act together, then I might care about your private little circle-jerking clubs. I've got an objective to cap while my 'team' hides behind a wall and 'helps'...

( Insert witty signature here )

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Pfft, that isn't Nept, thats Kid Rock, bawitdaba live.  Nice try though.

I just find all of this humorous.  One person starts their own thread and asks "people not resort to dramatics." and what happens next, clearly a whole fuzzy bunny load of dramatics.  Good thinkin.   :thumbsup:

Argue about something else please, this fuzzy bunny is boring the fuzzy bunny out of me.

[DELETED]

fuzzy bunny you CZeroFive 

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Brace yourselves I'm gonna pull an AJK

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Brace yourselves I'm gonna pull an AJK

It's not to late! Don't do it!

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

It's TPG

TPG stands for The Proving Ground.

To translate the terms if you didn't understand them click here.

I lol hearing about all these leagues the willy-wavers have set up

95% of the league's players can wipe the floor with you in-game.

Most of them are also great persons with the exception of myself(?)

and we're still in Beta

The game has been in the Beta state for more than 3 years. Should that prevent players from playing it competitively or does it mean it's not ready for comp play?

fuzzy bunny no.

with not so much as an official scoreboard for players

Why the fuzzy bunny do I need the devs to make a "LEADERBOARD" when some awesome community members managed to create LEADERBOARDS and present them better than any dev team could ever do?

or officially set up teams

And hold on a second... Devs create team for comp play? You're already starting to lose me.

with no dedicated servers for league games besides private servers.

Oh, lol, and the 3 servers named "TPG Headquarters" (Been present for over 18 months), TPG-2 and TPG-3. What are they made for?

I get tired when the willy-wavers find their way into public servers and end up ruining games by doing nothing but chasing the kills, in seige mode.

So league players can't play in pub servers anymore?

And with the exception of 2 players, I don't see TPG players partying up and pubstomping. Like never.

Get back to your private servers and be quiet.

Make us.

this old Alpha tester

almost-gave-a.gif

then I might care about your private little circle-jerking clubs.

We'll pause the league until you start caring about it.

I've got an objective to cap while my 'team' hides behind a wall and 'helps'...

Couldn't make sense out of most of what you said, but this ... ugh.

• Hyginos, _incitatus, CraftyDus and 1 other like this

IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

I lol hearing about all these leagues the willy-wavers have set up, and we're still in Beta with not so much as an official scoreboard for players or officially set up teams, with no dedicated servers for league games besides private servers. I get tired when the willy-wavers find their way into public servers and end up ruining games by doing nothing but chasing the kills, in seige mode.

Get back to your private servers and be quiet, this old Alpha tester is still waiting for the devs* to get their act together, then I might care about your private little circle-jerking clubs. I've got an objective to cap while my 'team' hides behind a wall and 'helps'...

'Scoreboard for players...' You mean leaderboard? http://home.xshade.c...rs/leaderboard/

Private servers are dedicated servers  https://en.wikipedia...hosting_service

I'm not even going to bother responding in-depth to your opinion of TPG because you just sound like a miserable casual.

• _incitatus and OdinTheWise like this

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

I'm not even going to bother responding in-depth to your opinion of TPG because you just sound like a miserable casual.

You should've posted this a little earlier.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Every one plays games for fun. These "willy-wavers" you've mentioned derive fun out of organized play, team work, and challenging themselves against like minded players. You can continue your lonely efforts on the frontline while lamenting the lack of help from your "team", match after match. Meanwhile, these willy-wavers will continue strategizing and coordinating to tackle objectives as a team.

• Nept, Elite_is_salty, Amidatelion and 3 others like this

Onstrava

Onstrava

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Hmm I'm sensing some sort of hidden hatred here, I'm not sure why though but I'm guessing I'm not the only one here feeling that. Like the community is spit or something when it comes to player base.

giphy.gif

Hold on to the things you care about most, even if others see it as insignificant..If you can't be true to yourself, are you really living?

W4znwFO.jpg1sHSjPn.png1sHSjPn.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngbANk8SP.jpgMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.png1sHSjPn.pngW4znwFO.jpg

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Hmm I'm sensing some sort of hidden hatred here, I'm not sure why though but I'm guessing I'm not the only one here feeling that. Like the community is spit or something when it comes to player base.

giphy.gif

It's hardly a new thing. There have been some undercurrents of resentment particularly among some people in the NA and EU communities for a while now due to differences in opinion and personality clashes, but this seems like an especially pointless issue for everyone to be getting worked up over. 

Edited by JeffMagnum, 13 July 2015 - 06:04 PM.

• LoC_TR likes this

d1eZeG3.png

LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

SDM0dYk.jpg

• Nept, crockrocket, Houruck and 8 others like this

OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

ramsay.gif

• PoopSlinger, crockrocket, _incitatus and 4 others like this

We Can Dance If We Want To     

OTWsig2.jpg

ES3lMRu.png?1

Onstrava

Onstrava

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Remember this my "elitest" friends out there, you and you alone can't keep a game running by yourselves. You need these "casual players",  :confused:  to be able to continue playing this game from now until the servers shutdown. This reeks of Chromehounds all over again, the elitest player base took over and all the "casuals", left so the servers shutdown since there wasn't enough players for X company to keep the mech game running. (I'm looking at you Sega :wallbash: and yes I was one of those "elitest players", sorry Chromehound fans I miss that game to *tears*) But seriously don't make this turn into Chromehounds, tone it down abit. Your getting too serious about this game, it's not work so lets not treat is like such. Clearly we care for this game, which is why where still around but kicking and screaming at other people over the internet wont help anybody out and sure as hell wont keep people around. Do us all a favor my fellow "elitest players", lets try and keep the player base around and not destroy it. Sound good? Okay lets move on shall we? Where getting to distracted. anigif_enhanced-buzz-27202-1385052591-15

• LRod likes this

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

No one really has a problem with "casuals" just being here--the things people take issue with are inexperienced players coming onto the forums and trying to stubbornly talk over everyone about the meta despite clearly being wrong or fuzzy bunnying on people who've played the game for a long time solely because of the difference in skill. The community is typically very supportive of things that introduce the game to a large number of fresh players.

Edited by JeffMagnum, 13 July 2015 - 09:49 PM.

d1eZeG3.png

OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Remember this my "elitest" friends out there, you and you alone can't keep a game running by yourselves. You need these "casual players",  :confused:  to be able to continue playing this game from now until the servers shutdown. This reeks of Chromehounds all over again, the elitest player base took over and all the "casuals", left so the servers shutdown since there wasn't enough players for X company to keep the mech game running. (I'm looking at you Sega :wallbash: and yes I was one of those "elitest players", sorry Chromehound fans I miss that game to *tears*) But seriously don't make this turn into Chromehounds, tone it down abit. Your getting too serious about this game, it's not work so lets not treat is like such. Clearly we care for this game, which is why where still around but kicking and screaming at other people over the internet wont help anybody out and sure as hell wont keep people around. Do us all a favor my fellow "elitest players", lets try and keep the player base around and not destroy it. Sound good? Okay lets move on shall we? Where getting to distracted. anigif_enhanced-buzz-27202-1385052591-15

for one, TPG has ZERO impact on pub players as most either dont give a rats ass or have no idea. an other is that there is very little mixing of the elite and the peasants accept at sunday sunday or WW. this is not very relevant 

We Can Dance If We Want To     

OTWsig2.jpg

ES3lMRu.png?1

Onstrava

Onstrava

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

No one really has a problem with "casuals" just being here--the things people take issue with are inexperienced players coming onto the forums and trying to stubbornly talk over everyone about the meta despite clearly being wrong or fuzzy bunnying on people who've played the game for a long time solely because of the difference in skill. The community is typically very supportive of things that introduce the game to a large number of fresh players.

Ah, I can see what you mean, I suppose that can be annoying. But most people probably don't know that, I'm clearly an example. They just come in here and see people talking about mmr/leaderboards and casual being slung around here and there. It doesn't help much in the long run, really.

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Thank you, hugging machine.

• CounterlogicMan, LoC_TR and CraftyDus like this

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

The title of this post exactly shows how egocentric you are, and i think that

the majority of tthe Hawken community doesn't give a damn on how or what you think or who you are.

I had to laugh. But bullit is more or less right, I don't care about TPG as well (I would under different circumstances). The (TPG-) threads now feel like advertising, and I hate ads. 24/7 ad-blocker activated. It is the main reason why I don't watch TV anymore.

However, having all TPG threads in Community is bad? I mean, since TPG is like the only event active and continously persistent in the forums, don't you think you have a sub forum now? Except for the EU VIP event, TPG is the only event that is posted there, so you basically have a subforum. 

Additionally, I want to point out that Nept currently rescues the TPG players. While Nept probably doesn't like me, I want to say he has a good point. And this is what matters, not the repuation, not the appearence, the content itself and only the content matters.

Just continue the TPG matches, I don't see why the world is burning just because a stack of paper got moved from dictionary A to B.

@Nept: I have no idea who you are as well. I'd dare to say you are some TPG host and a good Hawken player from NA - across the pond but besides that, I have no idea who you are. Never got in touch with you. :D

Edited by FakeName, 14 July 2015 - 04:38 AM.

• PoopSlinger and Onebullit like this

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

Thank You Hugging Machine

• LoC_TR likes this

lwY3QRd.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TPG, NeptIsGreat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users