Photo

Hellfire design change, oh boy here we go. (??(?)?)?

- - - - - Rocketeer gameplay hellfires Bruiser

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Onstrava

Onstrava

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Following the latest updates, Devs a little by little gathered a team, though not completely. it is quite possible that they will make changes to the balance or change it completely. just do not want to hurry up and make a mistake.

who khows?

Well the good news currently is that the Devs are taking surveys in-game currently. So my guess would be that they're looking at the current numbers and feed back and are making adjustments on there end to see if it works out well. If anybody has any sort of ideas for changes on damage or just clear suggestions go in-game and take the survey. With a little hope, they will look at it and change the weapon to your liking. Of course there has to be enough suggestions for that item/weapon before they take it into consideration. So get to it people, now is the time.

Hold on to the things you care about most, even if others see it as insignificant..If you can't be true to yourself, are you really living?

W4znwFO.jpg1sHSjPn.png1sHSjPn.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngbANk8SP.jpgMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.png1sHSjPn.pngW4znwFO.jpg

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts
With a little hope, they will look at it and change the weapon to your liking. Of course there has to be enough suggestions

first. devs should change it (slighly change it) based on game statistic. (i believe, they can collect it)

and than look, whats going on and how statistic changed.

second. I have never seen any survey made by developers.

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

second. I have never seen any survey made by developers.

It is on the in-game screens main menu, over to the lower right, every time you play.  It's in the same place they advertise the Double XP weekends and new mech bundles.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Proposed hellfire changes accepted.

nVvVhqX.gif

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2017 Is Going To Be A Great Year For HAWKEN!

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

RequiemThe18th

RequiemThe18th

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

My biggest frustration with the hellfires is that it has both, a lock-on warning and a firing warning.

I actually don't hate that the hellfires have a warning alarm because homing missiles got to have some trade-offs but i the hellfires currently broadcast just oo much information. I actually don't care much if I don't get much kills with them because hellfires are suppression devices. But experienced players are completelly undeterred by them. I'd even say that they take the hellfire warning as an invitation for a free kill.

The alarm makes tactical delay of the firing mechanism useless because players are informed exactly of when to dodge. It's absurd.

I would be fine with any of these options:

a) Remove the lock-on warning and increase proyectile speed. This makes the hellfires viable at long range while still being dogeable.

b) Remove the firing warning and increase damage. This makes the hellfires viable at supression punishing pilots for not taking cover.

c) Keep the same warnings but increse damage and speed. This makes dumb firing viable in duels.

As for the seekers. I always use EOC (except in goddamned bunker) simply because they are more fun. So i don't feel like seekers need nerfing. But if it's true that few players use EOC or HEAT there are other ways to add variety into the Rocketeer without nerfing Seekers. You can simply buff EOC and HEAT ***for the Rocketeer only***.

You can have something like a RKT-HEAT with reduced heat generation or an EOC-Rocket with increased damage. Nerfing Seekers is not the only option, and considering how the Rocketeer is not even considered viable, nerfing it is not recomendable.

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

do not forget, that these players are TOPs, and they mostly have insane kill-death ratio when killing some noobs. they actually can play on one legged scout with one weapon and it will be a strong mech in their hands in any case.

and actually, some TOP players who play only on Seeker rocketers have a kill/death = 7/1. notice that too, please. despite that many player who play with EOC have 2/1 or even 1/1.

i make more viable statistic a little later.

heheh i was able to get all my kills via scout crush kills and no deaths once against some high pingers

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

All other players who use rocketeer use only Seeker. 60% of them NEVER buy EOC or Heat and make zero shots from thus weapons.

Excuse me?

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts
5 month necro

wew lads

Edited by Rainbow Sheep, 02 March 2016 - 08:29 AM.

• Kopra likes this

Spoiler

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

don't tell them

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Onstrava

Onstrava

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

[Thread is back in business]

Edited by Onstrava, 24 March 2016 - 11:47 PM.

Hold on to the things you care about most, even if others see it as insignificant..If you can't be true to yourself, are you really living?

W4znwFO.jpg1sHSjPn.png1sHSjPn.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngbANk8SP.jpgMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.png1sHSjPn.pngW4znwFO.jpg

maxajcd

maxajcd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

make hell fires hitscan, would definitely help

I do appreciate the art, but I don't have time to find anything good. /h/

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

make hell fires hitscan, would definitely help

Would it? Would it really?

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

nor to make HFs behave as mortars nor to intelligent guided missiles, "please"..

"mostly" cool how HFs actually are , believe me.. I've seen OP configurations in the past

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

maxajcd

maxajcd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Would it? Would it really?

its a joke good sir

I do appreciate the art, but I don't have time to find anything good. /h/

dxdy

dxdy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

when TOW rockets flying in you spine, you don't hear it. why you should get a warning from HF?

Current behaviour is quite realistic, as current age heatseeking missiles lock-on is detectable. Loud alert adds to the atmosphere of the game. Alert balances Hellfire, and actually defines Rocketeer's style - ranged suppression. When lock-on is heard, pilot dashes for cover, gets suppressed.

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

i typed all this up and then tossed it in here unfinished, i didnt care anymore, do with it what you will, somebody get me the hellfire lore so i can know if theres actually a lore backround for the inner workings of it to explain its functionality and use or its gameplay setup backround and initial project plan for the content in question to see if theres anything related there, then we can start from there and go into its past changes over the longer term content evolutionary path its been on....

that being said, we can all dodge the hellfire, everybody, no matter the situation, the question is do you dodge it, or do you not dodge it in the situation you're in, and why are you in this situation to begin with

Spoiler

also i think all threads should come stamped in giant bold red letters with the date and time of thread creation all over the place so the few times i come to this forsaken place i dont see some necroed thread i decide to chime in on and have to edit in an excuse as to why i even bothered

Edited by aFKingTroll, 18 March 2016 - 02:05 PM.

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

Pandabaron

Pandabaron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

I'm actually inclined to agree with having the Hellfire lock on noise, but not the firing sound. I think the mech would be way more awesome if you had no idea if the hellfire pilot had actually fired or not. ultimately it creates stronger suppression for a mech that needs a boost (especially if we're trying to bring the Rocketeer up to speed with area denial support mechs like the Gren and Incin.) 

Perhaps a secondary fire mode could be considered which effectively cancels a lock on after maybe a second and a half or so, used effectively for spooking enemies with a fake out. No rockets, just some poor guy thinking he might be being Hellfired.

Perhaps Even put a use item in the game that triggers a fake lock on sound to an enemy in your sights. Now we're thinking financially. =] 

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

https://community.pl...l-hawken-corner- For your hawken musical needs

asipo

asipo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

make the HF can lock after fire, however only 1/2 of the missile will follow

Join Hawken asia Facebook group : here

Mech idea : Marauder (B-class), Raptor (A-class)

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

I think that dumbfire must be improved. Beside that with a slight re-balance of the TOW, hellfire could be OK.

Depending on how much can be done to hellfire, my ideas were :

quick and dirty modification :

increase the initial speed of dumbfire mode

real MIRV :

Make the hellfire shoot 2 fast missile that split into 3 missiles eachs. The 2 fast missiles dealing 50 damages and split after ~0.5s into actual hellfire.

Make the dumbfire mini-missiles have a random trajectory, with slight autolock

• Pandabaron and JackVandal like this

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

real MIRV :

Make the hellfire shoot 2 fast missile that split into 3 missiles eachs. The 2 fast missiles dealing 50 damages and split after ~0.5s into actual hellfire.

Make the dumbfire mini-missiles have a random trajectory, with slight autolock

I like the idea of two rockets splitting into an N number of Hellfire missiles. It would make more sense for the weapon model.

Reippers

Reippers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

If you increase the damage, make them go straight up to the enemy and decrease the amount would be good. Having the option to lock in your enemy or not, it would help a lot in maps as Wreckea.

I love Hell Fires like my Rocketeers are generally fantastic, I love to see the curves that they provide as here.

Edited by Reippers, 21 March 2016 - 04:30 AM.

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts
Here's a question, since I wasn't around. Were hellfires actually OP before they got reworked/needed?

Could a potential solution to hellfires be as simple as reverting them to an earlier state?

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

As far as I understood the former version of hellfire had better turn rate and higher damage output

--> harder to dodge and more efficient --> noob stomping + no skill --> Baaaaaad

The actual dumbfire mode is useless and the autolock that doesn't require much skill* is mainly used as suppression weapon.

* beside knowing how to curve the ball

to please higher tier players and avoid stomping the appropriate hellfire modification shouldn't be  a straight buff.

what should / could be done

- Make the dumbfire more efficient for CQC 

-> can be done with just an increase of the initial speed of the hellfires in dumbfire more. Even is more fun options would be better.

- Maybe put en emphasis on suppression

-> can be done with a change of how "incoming missile" is displayed in the target UI (see pandabaron post).

IRZUTYo.png

Spoiler

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

in case HFs get tweaked to be better in CQC (that way you said) then would be good idea to slightly increase self-damage as well

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

@ Silencer

Check salty salt stats

hellfire DPS and burst are really low, so they don't new a  nerf even if it's self damage

IRZUTYo.png

Spoiler

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

As far as I understood the former version of hellfire had better turn rate and higher damage output

They previously had better 'tracking', faster flight and did a little more damage per individual missile.

Adhesive saw that they were a little OP and decided to go about the process of adjusting them by starting with what they referred to as "a significant nerf", then they would slowly adjust these values back upwards until they found the 'sweet spot'.  So, they severely reduced tracking/turning speed, flight speed and damage... and then quit working on the game completely - leaving the poor Rocketeer stuck in the early, 'significantly nerfed' stages of work.

I have no doubt that, if the tracking and flight speed of locked Hellfires were increased a little, that would be perfect.

As for the dumbfire, I completely agree that the missiles should fire faster and produce more splash damage.

• crockrocket and JackVandal like this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

I remember when HFs were hitting you even when hidding in a corner or behind some decent map geometry.. do you?

That was baaaad..

Anyway, would not be a terrible idea to make 2 distinct versions of the HF missiles in the future. One per C and B class. Just an idea.. think about it.

Note: One fact that is for real right now is that an A class mech after absorving a full boley of HFs impact ends up like pretty screwed up. Tell to me if I'm wrong on that (too..) ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rocketeer, gameplay, hellfires, Bruiser

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users