• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

OK, this is both a suggestion but also a discussion, if its in the wrong place, hunt me on the LA servers.

On to the topic, what about an internal, similar to the extractor, or repair kit, but instead of absorbing health faster absorbs fuel from orbs instead/in-addition to the health? And if it does both health and fuel you get less health than normal. Maybe if it takes the fuel instead of health it doesn't require the 2 secs for orbs to activate sense it wouldn't get health.

Could add some help to mechs that rely on their tanks such as infil or G2R,

Do you guys think it would be op? Useless? Do you think the values for the extractor/repair kit could be carried over, or need tweaking? What do you guys think of it as a concept? I seek affirmation. Love me.

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

kaiserschmarrn_

kaiserschmarrn_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

[insert I'm open to it]

Edited by kaiserschmarrn_, 17 October 2015 - 09:14 PM.

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts
do you want to be a Fuel-lord? :D
I think it was useless.

You need fuel when you runaway or trying to catch enemies, in both situation you should stop, and waste of time when you drunk fuel. Or enemy catch you while you stand and consume fuel, or runaway from you.

If you can get additional fuel from heal-orb it will be OP

Edited by nepacaka, 17 October 2015 - 09:47 PM.

• LaurenEmily and Xacius like this

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

But our fuels recharge anyway,while health/armor doesnt.

HorseHeadProphet

HorseHeadProphet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

I won't say useless, but a scout, raider, or G2, or other mechs that use speed, could really abuse this. For example when facing a tough opponent, I like to drop orbs in a place behind cover, then attack from another nearby spot, retreat to where my orb is waiting for me, heal, come back out and re-engage for the kill. Now imagine the same practice used with extra fuel, which as pointed out, already does regen on its own.

I had a similar idea, what about a map where there are leaking pools/puddles/ random geysers of Fuel or EU of which you can avail, or even a place on the map with naturally occurring energy that a mech can convert into healing energy? Either natural, coming out of the ground or stone walls, or maybe a wrecked piece of machinery or a dead mech that you can cannibalize for EU, healing energy (nano stuff) and fuel?

Cool idea, high potential for abuse. Would have to be rare/very random/high cost or penalty for usage. Like this would be your only item, a six slotter.

The Hawken forum's a forum, but it's like the only one you get yelled at for using.

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Don't know that it would actually fit in to the balance of the game at all, but that would definitely be super fun

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

Ennihilation

Ennihilation

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

I dont like this idea at all. Its already bad enough having to chase down A mechs, without them playing connect the dots across the map to regen more fuel.

When a man gets up to speak, people listen, then look. When a woman gets up, people look; then, if they like what they see, they listen. So obviously it's the time to listen.

(Retired Pilot)

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

yeah i wasn't thinking any sort of major gain on the fuel recovery, just a slight one, like when in a fight and your dancing around and over orbs of your fallen foes it could help. im not thinking anything like orb lord recovery, more like brawler turret recovery but for fuel.

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

phed

phed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
This should be buried in the suggestions forum...

WillyW

WillyW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Doesn't fuel converter already essentially do this?

Instead of using orbs, it uses armor that you already have and, therefore, orbs would do the exact same thing by replenishing the armor you lost in order to gain fuel?

2XhpJes.png

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Doesn't fuel converter already essentially do this?

Instead of using orbs, it uses armor that you already have and, therefore, orbs would do the exact same thing by replenishing the armor you lost in order to gain fuel?

i mean more of an internal that absorbs orbs to restore fuel instead of health,

-M1lkshake

TAZ_

TAZ_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Our fuel already regenerated automatically, but if those internal can recover our armor & our fuel with a short leadtime, then you have my support :D

(08:35:47 PM) Ashfire908: auth taz_ blacklist
(08:35:48 PM) ScrimBot: 'taz_' has been added to the 'blacklist' group.

PsychedelicGrass

PsychedelicGrass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
Imo this is one of those things that's either op as fuzzy bunny or so useless that very few use it seriously/at all.. I feel like anything in between isn't possible

Hellfires are a good example of this.

And anyways fuel regenerates itself and its easy to manage, it'd be a horrible waste of internal space for me and many others

Although it could still be useful to newer players..

Ugh I DON'T KNOW D:

Edited by PsychedelicGrass, 19 October 2015 - 10:36 PM.

What's the big fuzzy bunnyng deal? Lots of amazing people have committed suicide, and they turned out alright.

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Buff Extractor and Repair Kit to do this too

• crockrocket and _incitatus like this

d1eZeG3.png

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Buff Extractor and Repair Kit to do this too

make this the orblord nerf?

any extra orbs get absorbed as fuel, lol

-M1lkshake

Sokram

Sokram

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

We already have MUCH better item called [ FUEL CONVERTER ].  It gives you fuel when you receive damage.    Use Orb and shoot yourself. You will get less hp and some fuel.

I use it on G2R to sustain ability longer in battle....You can also shoot your feet to get more boost when delivering energy.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Yeah... I'm not feeling this one.  I'm having a very hard time figuring out how on earth a deployable, static fuel orb would be useful.  Fuel already replenishes pretty fast once you stop boosting and dodging.  I can't imagine trying to run away, or chase, and have to figure out and time throwing this orb ahead of me to my predicted path so that I can hit it just right to get some fuel.

And if the conversation were to move to an internal that gave you faster fuel recovery... I think that would just end up messing with the balance of the mechs, a formula that originally took over a year of tweaking to get right.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: internals, fuel, orbs, orblord

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users