EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

rant:

fix your goddamm game

ffsakes

i cant log in to a server all my friends are in due to mmr spread. WE DON'T CARE ABOUT MMR. give us open servers

i get stuck on walls and rocks. the same ones from 2012. FIX YOUR CODE

my whole game crashes at the end of the match (after 3 YEARS of this sh!t) and i lose all the xp/hc/mmr for the match and sent to grunt around int the garage.

new mechs? (not reallynew, just dual primaries), new weps (just Sabot with crappy lightening vid and no sound). Bucha lick fuzzy bunny.

FIX THE GAME. IMPRESS US. this is crvp we've been b&tching about forever. C05 you're marvelous, but you're not addressing what has been problematic for YEARS. and your paycheck is still from folks that STILL AREN'T LISTENING TO THE COMMUNITY.

thank you.

end rant.

:wallbash:

• CrimsonKaim likes this

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

ATX22

ATX22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

That didn't take long.

• 1uster, Drrt4, DeeRax and 1 other like this

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

one fifth of cream sherry, and a glass of chardonnay.  ReLoaded has jeopardized another FanBoy's devotion.

maybe i should've mentioned efficient management is sorta like why FaceBook makes millions and why MySpace is a hideous afterburn.

Edited by EM1O, 27 October 2016 - 06:38 PM.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

i cant log in to a server all my friends are in due to mmr spread. WE DON'T CARE ABOUT MMR. give us open servers

Disregarding the remainder of the post, i think this is a valid point.  

MMR and ELO do not work without a given sample size. We can argue about that sample size, but I think it's pretty clear that all iterations are below that. At this junction having the servers restrict by MMR is counter-productive. New and scrubtacular players think they are going to get into fair matches - they're not. 

Hawken is functionally living in 1999, in the Old West of arena shooters, where anything went, where the worst mingled with the best. While I understand that turning off matchmaking entirely may, when combined with the star system, give the impression that matchmaking doesn't work, matchmaking currently doesn't work at all.

We know you can adjust matchmaking on the fly, so perhaps consider ditching it entirely?

And, as a distant, desperate plea, perhaps push a UI update that removes the star system? It can be restored if and when Hawken experiences a growth in players, but right now it develops misleading impressions. I know it is a lot more work that I make it out to be, but I think, as a medium-term fix, it has a lot to offer, so long as it is coupled with this newfound communication that Reloaded is pushing.

Remember, ye pilots, ye tryhards, regardless of what is or what comes comes, the Lord of the Scrubs believes in you.

• crockrocket and DieselCat like this

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

baf.gif

• Neraste and DeeRax like this

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

my whole game crashes at the end of the match (after 3 YEARS of this sh!t) and i lose all the xp/hc/mmr for the match and sent to grunt around int the garage.

as i know, when you crash in the end of match, u don't lose xp. and probably mmr. have no idea about HC, but probably, you also got it (but if you crush in a middle of match, you not get it 100%, but u got earning exp points)

and yes, foking lost eco, wreckage, and bazaar, required some fix, just delete some objects under/behind map which player never see (if not broken map border)

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

We know this is an issue especially with a smaller playerbase. We also can't just let players who would completely dominate new players into the game with the veteran players. The tricky part comes with the smaller population of PC Hawken. When the PC updates start to happen again, that will alleviate some of the issues as we've made extensive work to the console version of the game regarding this exact issue.

i get stuck on walls and rocks. the same ones from 2012. FIX YOUR CODE

The maps are not perfect, we know. It takes development time to fix these things, and with a small team, it takes considerably longer.

Console has some fixes for this specifically. When the PC relaunch happens, you'll be getting these fixes.

new mechs? (not reallynew, just dual primaries), new weps (just Sabot with crappy lightening vid and no sound). Bucha lick fuzzy bunny.

We're sorry you don't like the content we made. I don't think there's anything I can say here to change your mind.

FIX THE GAME. IMPRESS US. this is crvp we've been b&tching about forever. C05 you're marvelous, but you're not addressing what has been problematic for YEARS. and your paycheck is still from folks that STILL AREN'T LISTENING TO THE COMMUNITY.

I am not a magic wand waver, I cannot simply just say some magic words and wave my wand to make the game instantly good in your eyes. Making a game is a very complex process and it takes time to fix 'all of these issues'. My suggestion would be to keep outlining things you don't like, it helps shape and mold the game.

We have said some nice things recently that look good on the forums. But I am not about talking, I am all about taking action. The whole team is just about action, in fact.

So that's what we're doing, taking action. You just have to have some trust that we are capable of doing the right thing and listening to you.

• Miscellaneous, LRod, 1uster and 8 others like this

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
... has anyone explained why there aren't private servers right now?

couldn't reloaded just drop one TDM from each region and create a 'private' server with MMR turned off but leave all the other settings as per the regular servers?

...might help war Wednesdays or other organised events.

Edited by 6ixxer, 28 October 2016 - 12:41 AM.

• wischatesjesus, Zavier_ and Zebanchi like this

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
My suggestion to this problem since they don't want to merge new players with veterans cause they will drive them away IS, just make a 24man server that ONLY new accounts can go into for a limit of 3 days. That is plenty of time to get to know the mechanics ( despite it being an FPS), get a feel for the game, and unlock stuff.

Or make it so that after a certain rank you can jump into different lobbies. They are mixed as of now especially if a veteran randomly queues in.

The way I see it is, if your new and continue to play with baddies, you will come out bad, But if your new and play with higher "elo" and veterans you will come out a better player, learn faster and have a competitive mindset
  • Zebanchi likes this

wischatesjesus

wischatesjesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

My suggestion to this problem since they don't want to merge new players with veterans cause they will drive them away IS, just make a 24man server that ONLY new accounts can go into for a limit of 3 days. That is plenty of time to get to know the mechanics ( despite it being an FPS), get a feel for the game, and unlock stuff.

Or make it so that after a certain rank you can jump into different lobbies. They are mixed as of now especially if a veteran randomly queues in.

The way I see it is, if your new and continue to play with baddies, you will come out bad, But if your new and play with higher "elo" and veterans you will come out a better player, learn faster and have a competitive mindset

This right here. I continue to be an advocate of segregating servers to soften the new player experience, whether that manifests as recruit-only servers, pro servers, level 30 only servers, max level 15 servers, or whatever seems like it will work.

oFFOtRH.jpg

High Tier Cabal (Noun): A group of people who used to play Hawken.  

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

I'd bump it to a week. 3 days would work if most new players played Hawken 3 consecutive days, but I think a week is enough to account for those who take breaks or have other obligations within that period.

But yeah. It can be pretty stunning jumping into this game and playing against competent players, potentially moreso than in other more recent FPS's. I imagine it'd be pretty disheartening for most new Overwatch or BF1 players if they joined and were immediately pitted against some of the best the game had to offer.

Edit: at this stage I agree that the best course of action is to segregate players by level, perhaps not by MMR (until the population increases considerably). If a player makes it to 30 then they've earned the right to see what lions, tigers, and bears lurk off the beaten path.

Edited by TheButtSatisfier, 28 October 2016 - 06:20 AM.

• Zebanchi likes this

8) Tech in the streets, Brawler in the sheets (8

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

the one of the best thing which i like in this topic, it is see that c05 answer on questions, and the moderators not just ban em10 xD
dis is success.

Edited by nepacaka, 28 October 2016 - 07:18 AM.

• Amidatelion, DieselCat, 1uster and 2 others like this

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

I'd bump it to a week. 3 days would work if most new players played Hawken 3 consecutive days, but I think a week is enough to account for those who take breaks or have other obligations within that period.

But yeah. It can be pretty stunning jumping into this game and playing against competent players, potentially moreso than in other more recent FPS's. I imagine it'd be pretty disheartening for most new Overwatch or BF1 players if they joined and were immediately pitted against some of the best the game had to offer.

Edit: at this stage I agree that the best course of action is to segregate players by level, perhaps not by MMR (until the population increases considerably). If a player makes it to 30 then they've earned the right to see what lions, tigers, and bears lurk off the beaten path.

Boot camp servers are a better implementation of this and would make levels relevant again, but I suspect they would also be much more expensive.

• TheButtSatisfier likes this

ATX22

ATX22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

While servers are NOT numerous, and are NOT geographically dispersed (enough) I have a feeling that being stuck on this MMR-based match making system is going to be the best crappy option available to everyone.  An option that is going to continue to not work while the player base is too small.. Not sure how I feel about throwing a wall up between new and "seasoned" players, this generally still results in a "rude awakening" for players getting yanked out of the kiddie-pool only to be thrown into the deep end (covered in chum while said deep end is infested with piranhas) because hours played / rank / insert metric here.

If RLD is going to continue ADH's legacy of hand-holding when it comes to matching players up, they need to make it work, even with the small players base.  New players aren't going to care if it doesn't work until X number of people are playing, if their gaming experience is crap, it's crap and you'd think that's what they're going to care about.  Segregating new players momentarily only delays the player turnover IMHO.

• 1uster likes this

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

While servers are NOT numerous, and are NOT geographically dispersed (enough) I have a feeling that being stuck on this MMR-based match making system is going to be the best crappy option available to everyone.  An option that is going to continue to not work while the player base is too small.. Not sure how I feel about throwing a wall up between new and "seasoned" players, this generally still results in a "rude awakening" for players getting yanked out of the kiddie-pool only to be thrown into the deep end (covered in chum while said deep end is infested with piranhas) because hours played / rank / insert metric here.

If RLD is going to continue ADH's legacy of hand-holding when it comes to matching players up, they need to make it work, even with the small players base.  New players aren't going to care if it doesn't work until X number of people are playing, if their gaming experience is crap, it's crap and you'd think that's what they're going to care about.  Segregating new players momentarily only delays the player turnover IMHO.

It SHOULD work, this crappy system is NOT the best option and heres why. We do have a small community yes, dedicated players yes, handful of skilled players yes, we know who is good, who is bad, who put in hard work and who is getting better,  we can automatically tell who is new or newer to the game because we play the same people. When you put that wall up, you will have the the divide line of your skill lobby[ which is not based on how many hours you play this game]. New players WILL care cause if they get candy ass whooped and we dropping peoples elbows on them every game it won't be fun and they will leave making the community even smaller, but it also isnt fun for "vets" since were labled that lol, us having to carrying every game. IMO i would much rather be in a lobby where the other 5 people on my team are capable of doing what I can do instead of relying on 1 person.

The game would be more tactical. Every server should become available instead of having to wait but if that wall is up we dont have to worry about joining a new player based lobby. You have to think the amount of time some players put in isnt about being competitive, some play for fun, some play to try, others competitive. 

Build that trump wall and It will make a greater Hawkurica

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

I'd massively like the return of the private servers so that the vets have a place to do their shenanigans while the lowbies kid around in the pubbies.

• coldform, crockrocket, Miscellaneous and 5 others like this

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Segregating new players momentarily only delays the player turnover IMHO.

Your point is accurate, but introducting a delay is also the intent. The surprise noobs are in for when they first play against veterans will be much larger if it's before they hit level 15 or 30 or whatever. Delaying that exposure gives them more time to develop skills and unlock mechs so that when they're pitted against veterans, they don't misintrepret the skill gap to be a result of P2W or poor balance. People tend to avoid what they don't understand. We need to give them a chance to settle in before really sticking it to them.

It'd be like exposing 3rd graders to calculus in their education curriculum. Something that unfamiliar and imposing can be disheartening. On the other hand, if the learning curve is more gradual then fewer students (or players) will feel overwhelmed. We don't have the population to do a smooth learning curve, but that doesn't mean that we don't have some stop-gap options like level segregation at our disposal.

Edited by TheButtSatisfier, 29 October 2016 - 12:14 PM.

8) Tech in the streets, Brawler in the sheets (8

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

We know this is an issue especially with a smaller playerbase. We also can't just let players who would completely dominate new players into the game with the veteran players. The tricky part comes with the smaller population of PC Hawken. When the PC updates start to happen again, that will alleviate some of the issues as we've made extensive work to the console version of the game regarding this exact issue.

The maps are not perfect, we know. It takes development time to fix these things, and with a small team, it takes considerably longer.

Console has some fixes for this specifically. When the PC relaunch happens, you'll be getting these fixes.

We're sorry you don't like the content we made. I don't think there's anything I can say here to change your mind.

I am not a magic wand waver, I cannot simply just say some magic words and wave my wand to make the game instantly good in your eyes. Making a game is a very complex process and it takes time to fix 'all of these issues'. My suggestion would be to keep outlining things you don't like, it helps shape and mold the game.

We have said some nice things recently that look good on the forums. But I am not about talking, I am all about taking action. The whole team is just about action, in fact.

So that's what we're doing, taking action. You just have to have some trust that we are capable of doing the right thing and listening to you.

a very sound voice of reason here...

though i have on several occasions ( maybe not in the best ways sometimes ) stated that console updates dont help pc players...

CzeroFive explained quite well WHY they havent rushed the changes over...

despite how jeally I am of console players having a breath of new content and fixes over the pre existing player base on pc...

I understand now that console are the guinea pigs and have re-instilled faith due to Czeros explinations...

patience is a virtue...

please stop with the hate posting at devs...

it makes us look bad after he put his neck on the line slightly by unbanning most of the old hands...

be thankful for what we DO have... ( a dev that actually LISTENS )

instead of complaing about what we DONT have (patchs and content)

I'd massively like the return of the private servers so that the vets have a place to do their shenanigans while the lowbies kid around in the pubbies.

100%

the private servers being missing from NA is a pretty big issue...

TDM practice for one... KDR etc etc...

I have noticed oceania still has its private servers but that isnt much help to the majority of the playerbase

Edited by DemitronPrime, 28 October 2016 - 01:58 PM.

• DeeRax likes this

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

LBR they didn't see much of that usage towards the end.

Dedhed

Dedhed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

the one of the best thing which i like in this topic, it is see that c05 answer on questions, and the moderators not just ban em10 xD
dis is success.

+1, agreed, upvoted, thumbs up, etc. I've been gone from the forums for some time largely because with all that stuff going on, it looked like Hawken was about to implode.

Glad to see the new communication and new dev update is best update in a while. Thanks to all  :wub:

"One day I will leave this world and dream myself to reality" -- Chief Crazy Horse

"Love is the Law, Love under Will" -- Aleister Crowley

"This is like talking to breakfast cereal" -- Otherland

ATX22

ATX22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

It SHOULD work, this crappy system is NOT the best option and heres why. We do have a small community yes, dedicated players yes, handful of skilled players yes, we know who is good, who is bad, who put in hard work and who is getting better,  we can automatically tell who is new or newer to the game because we play the same people. When you put that wall up, you will have the the divide line of your skill lobby[ which is not based on how many hours you play this game]. New players WILL care cause if they get candy ass whooped and we dropping peoples elbows on them every game it won't be fun and they will leave making the community even smaller, but it also isnt fun for "vets" since were labled that lol, us having to carrying every game. IMO i would much rather be in a lobby where the other 5 people on my team are capable of doing what I can do instead of relying on 1 person.

The game would be more tactical. Every server should become available instead of having to wait but if that wall is up we dont have to worry about joining a new player based lobby. You have to think the amount of time some players put in isnt about being competitive, some play for fun, some play to try, others competitive. 

Build that trump wall and It will make a greater Hawkurica

The current MMR system doesn't work because it fails in a spectacular fashion when the player count drops below a given threshold.  And unless things have changed, the MM still MMR-panics and places high MMR gamers into servers that they'd otherwise be blocked from (fox in the hen house syndrome).  Of course, if RLD removed this "feature" effectively walling rookies and vets off from each other, smurfing would probably be a big thing again.. if they continue with what we have, player turnover is likely to continue on at its current rate as well.

Like I pointed out in my post, I don't think walling new and old players off from each other based on some arbitrary metric, be it time played or rank achieved is really a solution.  I can understand concept well enough, but I think the end result would still be the same if not worse than the current system.  

The current system we have today, without the "wall" is the best crappy option I was referring to.

If it were up to me, I'd release a server binary to the public, only hold on to the actual server-list servers (think WON) and in-game store, rip that craptastic MMR system out of Hawken and slap on a working server browser that allows sorting (i.e. by ping), and keeping a fav. server list while retaining the friends list.  Stupid simple and old school, no MMR restrictions or controlled "skill environments" to coddle players.  You could have COMP servers, newb servers (which vets would probably flock too like any online game out there :teehee: ... ) and everything in-between.  Too bad this game is likely too far gone for that to ever work... 

Your point is accurate, but introducting a delay is also the intent. The surprise noobs are in for when they first play against veterans will be much larger if it's before they hit level 15 or 30 or whatever. Delaying that exposure sgives them more time to develop skills and unlock mechs so that when they're pitted against veterans, they don't misintrepret the skill gap to be a result of P2W or poor balance. People tend to avoid what they don't understand. We need to give them a chance to settle in before really sticking it to them.

It'd be like exposing 3rd graders to calculus in their education curriculum. Something that unfamiliar and imposing can be disheartening. On the other hand, if the learning curve is more gradual then fewer students (or players) will feel overwhelmed. We don't have the population to do a smooth learning curve, but that doesn't mean that we don't have some stop-gap options like level segregation at our disposal.

That's what I'd see the intent being, but I've seen this tried in NS2, and it didn't work.  People got accustomed to a certain level of play / player community, and as soon as they reached that threashold, they were dumped into the general population with all the elite players to be slaughtered.  A few stayed, most apparently left.  That game is now only doing slightly better than Hawken despite its VERY dedicated long time community members and price discounting from bargain-bin prices to bargain-bin on !!clearance!! (of which, the player count boosts are getting smaller and smaller).

Though, let's say RLD walled new players off from the general population in Hawken completely, how long do you keep new players in the "kiddie pool"?  How do you ease them into the much more competitive environment with the long-time Hawken "vets"?  If you dump them into the general queue "cold turkey" you're still going to get P2W and hackusations, and they'll only have more hours to their name to think they're more justified in their accusations as if it mattered to anyone else.  :devil:

If you're not careful, the proposed system would be more like passing a student from one grade to the next even if they fail everything all the while.  Or worse, have them skip from 3rd grade all the way to college, regardless of any form of proficiency or lack thereof.

.. what happens to the people in the regular queue while the first batch of new players are still working their way out of the walled-garden for new players cutting off the flow of new players into said regular queue?  What happens if people start cycling through accounts to STAY there?  I'm thinking there will be some similarities between this solution and the previously tried hard limits to MMR ranges.

Edited by ATX22, 28 October 2016 - 08:01 PM.

_incitatus

_incitatus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

It would be nice to get at least one 24 slot NA community event server. Especially considering Kobalt still has 4 servers in EU and Critical Assist has 1, as well as a number of other private servers still up.

You guys want to get people to play, give us a means to have events again. We give our time to do these events because we love the game. When we had them, we used our personal private servers. I understand the delay in getting private servers rolled back out, but I feel like it wouldn't take much to give us NA peeps just one server (not asking for 4...).
  • DeeRax, DemitronPrime and Zebanchi like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bugs, glitches, crap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users