• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts
Gather round by the Lord of the Scrubs' knee, little nublets, it's time to get a run down on the Worst Mech in the Game (copyright Sentium Industries, all rights reserved). That's right, Ol' Uncle Amid is going to teach you everything you need to know to take the Rocketeer onto the field of battle. You too can have a questionable effect on the scoreboard and a definite effect on a team's morale.

Which team? By the end of the guide, we'll find out!

The Basics - Flightworthy Emu. Barely.

The Rocketeer is a C-Class, which means that it's got 730 HP and a dodge cooldown of 1.4 seconds. It has a respectable fuel tank at 110L, which means all you spacebar heroes can keep holding down your win button and losing HP. But hey, at least you'll be going faster than your ground speed! ...And boost speed. 

Also, you've got a sick looking chassis.

Now, the role of the Rocketeer is largely considered to be, generously speaking, one of suppression. Your damage is mediocre, your health isn't great for tanking and your weapons are... we'll get to that. And while you could "suppress" the enemy, what you are actually really, really good at is irritating the fuzzy bunny out of the other team. 

Let's examine how.

Primary Weapons - Wear a Groove In That Left Mouse Button

Seeker

Welcome to the Default Republic of Suckistan. The seeker is a slow-firing, slow-moving, projectile sustain weapon and if that combination of words didn't curdle your milk, you haven't been playing this game very long. They were also designed by hacking noobs. At 25 DPS, you're guaranteed to overheat before your opponent gets behind cover, let alone dies. It's also, appropriately enough to the "hacking noobs" part, seeking, so as long as you hold your cursor on your enemy's hitbox, the pathetic excuse for a warhead the game refers to as a missile will track the enemy. Now, if you ball pretty hard, you can pull some slick fuzzy bunny with this by firing into empty air around cover, popping out the other side and getting the seekers to acquire a target on the fly. But let's be real, if you're playing the Rocketeer, you don't ball. You sit in the stands, picking at your nose with an oversized foam finger.

EOC Repeater

A real pilot's weapon. A chargeable burst weapon whose slow travel time is happily offset by an extremely painful 156 damage max. Best of all, the projectiles, or darts, stay stuck in a surface so a blind enemy might wander into them if you miss. The recommendation of many is to fire the EOC at your enemy's feet in order to reliably deal more damage, but that assumes you can't lead or aim. Soooo, since you're in a Rocketeer, you should probably fire them at your opponent's feet. But direct hits do more damage. This weapon works wonders for scaredy-pants Siege K/D whores who refuse to get on the AA and just fill it with darts that they fondly imagine someone is going to walk over. 

Heat Cannon

Yes.

Secondary Weapon - The Beeps

Remember that "irritating the enemy bit?" Yeah, say hello to the prime offender: Hellfires. Called that, because that's what your internal temperature is going to be like after using these worthless pieces of fuzzy bunny. Hellfires, even more than the seekers, were designed by lazy-ass hackers masquerading as devs. They have two firing modes: Worst Aimbot and Worst Shotgun.

Worst Aimbot

So yeah, you can lock on to an enemy with your alt-fire button. Because it was designed by uber-1337 h4xx0rz you only need to tap the button in order to bring up a spinny circle thing that you can then wave in the general direction of whoever you want irritated. You don't even have to hold it, it's more effortless than actually hacking! You'll get a tone, they'll get a series of godawful BEEPs, you'll fire and they'll either dodge or walk right into them, uncaring and generally irritated with you because, at absolute best, you scratched their paint with 115 damage. Also it took longer than a TOW to get there so their cockpit will have been going BEEP BEEP BEEP for that much longer.

Again, you can pull trick shots by locking on and firing away from a target to loop them around cover, but again, you're not playing ball, you're in the stands drooling and beating yourself upside the head with your foam hand over and over again.

Worst Shotgun

Slow travelling explosive missiles with a massive spread and an absurd reload time, the only redeeming feature of this mode is the right, nay, the requirement to teabag your enemy's corpse while sucking their dwindling mech-soul dry because you just killed them with the Worst Shotgun in the Game. You know, just to irritate them just a little bit more.

Ability - Literally Paint a Target on Your Chassis

So this variation of the ever-popular C-Class EMP magnet button gives you +40% damage reduction from the front and -20% from the back. In addition to rendering your mech relatively immobile and you utterly useless because you just magically sucked EMPs directly out of your opponents inventories and into your face, Literally Paint a Target on Your Chassis Targeting Turret mode decreases your Hellfire lock-on time which is utterly goddamn useless because it is detracting from the amount of time your opponent gets to hear BEEP BEEP BEEP  pumped dulcetly into their aching ear canals.

Loadouts - Pimp Your Shortbus

Well, despite the fact that I can tell you "get out of the goddamn air" until Sol runs out of fuzzing hydrogen, you're going to spend a lot of time leaning on your spacebar anyways, so let's run with that and take a look at your options.

Air-Compressor: Having an airspeed higher than your ground speed is useless unless you can dodge too. So dodge too.
Fuel Converter (any): Top up that fuel tank, bro.
Deflectors: Because you're going to be dodging in the air, duh.
Air 180: Like buying expensive Nikes, so you can pretend you're a baller.
Armor Fusor (any): Look, even if you got called down to take a shot during the halftime show, chances are you're not gonna get many kills, so you may as well milk the endless health regen of assists for all it's worth. This metaphor has now collapsed from exhaustion.
Extractor (any): As if you're going to be on the ground long enough to use the goddamn thing.
Repair Kit (any): See previous.
Power Surger: PFFFFFFT. Right. Sure.
Evasive Device: X% more suck is still suck.
Composite Armor: New TPG meta. Can't be wrong.
Failsafe: You cannot possibly be this bad.
ReplenisherYou cannot possibly be this bad.
Shock Coil: You cannot poss- Nah, you know what, better get one.
Reconstructor (any): Sure, if you'd get out of the goddamn air.

Items - Subtitles Are Hard and Also For Jerks

Turrets: Add BRRT BRRT BRRT to your BEEP BEEP BEEP for maximum irritation.
EMPs: You might do your opponents a favour and EMP yourself, so you don't magically suck their EMPs away.
Repair Orbs: See Extractor
Shield: If you can resist the urge to spacebar, shields are never a bad idea.
Barriers: See previous. Also good fun on Origin.
ISM: Why.jpeg
Detonator: Race your seeker missile to the target! Spoiler: the seeker wins, but the det is still more useful.
HE Charge: Spacebar heroes seem to like these, you might as well use it if you can land one.
Heat Charge: More "area denial." Definitely good for further irritating a team.

Conclusion - TropicThunder.png

So there you have it, Amid Presents The Worst Mech in the Game. After this little rundown, I expect you understand while even though your contribution on the scoreboard might not be significant, the blow to your team's morale will be felt.

That's right. Your team's.

Because no matter how much you BEEP BEEP BEEP'd, you're still taking up a slot better used by literally any other mech in the game.

Edited by Amidatelion, 26 October 2016 - 10:47 AM.

• dorobo, PoopSlinger, DerMax and 33 others like this

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Cool story bruh!

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

kaiserschmarrn_

kaiserschmarrn_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

G2 and Bruiser suck more

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

0/10 any mech with EOC is best mech

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

This might be my favorite guide on anything ever. And I can often be found in the cockpit of a Domoff. Though, I don't usually take to the air. Is this common?

cUB1aCW.jpg?2

americanbrit14

americanbrit14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

ISM: Why.jpeg  Because_screw_you_slightly_less.gif

"But Amiiiiiiid the rocketeer is good for people who gotz teh bad laggies and ping so high it might as well be on the moon." - No-one ever.

G2 and Bruiser suck more

Meat. #1. learn to aim  #2. Bruiser is actually somewhat useful in comparison. and bruiser is mah boo.  you don't diss mah boo.

Edited by Jason Endrago, 08 September 2015 - 05:46 PM.

• Silverfire, Amidatelion, LaurenEmily and 3 others like this

VfuS0qE.png?1

contracted by 

??

INDUSTRY

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

"But Amiiiiiiid the rocketeer is good for people who gotz teh bad laggies and ping so high it might as well be on the moon." - No-one ever.

And a crutch is good for someone with a broken leg, but you don't see me trying to sell it as a useful shoe.

• JackVandal and ThereIsOnlyOne like this

hoghead

hoghead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Come on Amid tell us how you really feel! I read the whole thing. :smile: 

Edited by hoghead, 08 September 2015 - 05:46 PM.

• Amidatelion likes this

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

"Worst Shotgun" made me actually laugh, like out loud.

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

brackets

brackets

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Seeker DPS is (50 damage/shot)*(1.43 shots/second) = 71.

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

don't forget that a scout actually is faster than hellfires and can literally outrun them.

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

I'm guilty of this sometimes.

I have aircomp and turrets loadout.

I am fully aware that it is for pissing off the other team more than getting kills though.

kaiserschmarrn_

kaiserschmarrn_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Meat. #1. learn to aim  #2. Bruiser is actually somewhat useful in comparison. and bruiser is mah boo.  you don't diss mah boo.

Babe. #1 learn to dance #2 learn to dance

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts
1. G2 Assault don't care if you dance, if I track, you die. G2 Assault is a highly underrated mech that needs special attention, practice, and care to be great at. I make it my aim to have the G2 Assault eventually realize its fullest potential in TPG League.
2. Anything with EOC Repeater has potential to be great because the EOC Repeater is a great weapon. Gtfo, stay away from my beautiful EOC rocketeer. It's fuzzing FUN. And an annoyance.
3. Amid, you fuzzing like whoore. You didn't write this to help the children, clearly.

Edited by Silverfire, 08 September 2015 - 07:46 PM.

• Knowledge70 and Zebanchi like this

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

G2 and Bruiser suck more

288 full burst, 100dps on the primary, bursts of fastest-thing-in-the-game, best looking ability by a country mile.

Most health and highest ground speed of any B class, solid heat efficiency and reliable DPS.

Access to the ez-mode sustain trinity. Stupid air speed. Useful (if difficult to use) ability.

• PoopSlinger likes this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

don't forget that a scout actually is faster than hellfires and can literally outrun them.

This is in no way factual

• OdinTheWise likes this

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

This almost makes me want to finally get a Rocketeer.

Almost.

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

BEEP   BEEP  BEEP  BEEP

• Amidatelion likes this

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

(probably this guide is joke, but)
Actually, seeker rockets travel speed faster than any "nohitscan" rockets. But I agree with other. Eoc, heat, ability, etc.
In current balance it is good only in siege, and only with seeker. (and actually easy to play for everything)

You know my opinion about it, I say it in my previous topic about rocketeer and bruiser.
Beep should be removed.
HF and some hitscan weapons should be rebalanced.
Ability should be changed.
Because now rocketeer playable only on 1/3. It may be better...

Rocketeer just live in hitscan kingdom. he is unlucky.

Edited by nepacaka, 08 September 2015 - 11:18 PM.

• Amidatelion likes this

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

That slow shotgun will do miracles in those corridors  :pirate:

• MechFighter5e3bf9 likes this

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

It's that now when there are projectile speeds listed on the salty doc, its values are taken as absolute fact without any verification or doubt, or in this case where there is more information behind the speed value, which is acceleration. The HF have accel with a very low initial speed value.
I believe TOW also has acceleration, around 50m/s^2, final cap speed at 200m/s but haven't fully tested it yet. The devs should release the full weapon info rather than players having to dig into files or testing as if in real life. x)
  • Odinous and Amidatelion like this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

3. Amid, you fuzzing like whoore. You didn't write this to help the children, clearly.

No, like-whoring is posting Badtings' art in WW threads. This is genuine entertainment.
  • Rainbow_Sheep, DeeRax, kaiserschmarrn_ and 1 other like this

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts
I believe TOW also has acceleration, around 50m/s^2, final cap speed at 200m/s but haven't fully tested it yet. The devs should release the full weapon info rather than players having to dig into files or testing as if in real life. x)

as i see with my eyes, (probably i can wrong) after some distance, HF rockets start flying faster than TOW. i.e. if TOW have ~200 m/s cap speed, HF have 250 m/s. just accelerate it slower.

The devs should release the full weapon info

or even make a wiki, like in WoT. where you can see all stats, about all mechs. i mean... All.

Edited by nepacaka, 09 September 2015 - 05:52 AM.

Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

I'm guilty of this sometimes.

I have aircomp and turrets loadout.

I am fully aware that it is for pissing off the other team more than getting kills though.

Why this should be wrong?Its your enemy team,u should piss them off! 

p.s. i am guilty too

CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Hellfire speed is 34 m/s.

Scout boost speed is 39 m/s.

So it is factual. However hellfires don't run out of fuel and the scout eventually does. 

As someone who does play eoc/heat rocketeer regularly. I can confirm that there are some mechs that simply out run the hellfires to cover.

OP, the slow speed (200m/s which is same as uncharged heat cannon for reference) of the eoc is only offset by the very nice 156 damage if these conditions are met.

- you charge up (1.5s charge time) to get the 6 pucks

- you hit the enemy directly with all 6 pucks

Otherwise it is 26 damage for each puck that hits directly and 13 damage for any puck they walk over within 7s (lifetime of the puck). 

TL:DR EOC rocketeer is literally the worst mech in the game. Amount of effort needed on part of the pilot to land damage/get kills far exceeds any other mech.

Edited by CounterlogicMan, 09 September 2015 - 10:32 AM.

• Odinous and DeeRax like this

Axe-Attack Check us out! Stream I stream spasmodically.

TPG Hawken Admin.

TPG 3 has concluded! If you are interested in participating in TPG Season 4 gather a group and form a team or try and join an existing team! Stay tuned to the forums for updates on the details of TPG Season 4.

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Says the person who likely doesn't get 350+ ping.

Seriously, I've said this...many times.

Rocketeer is still my best mech in the game and I wreck enough 2000 MMR people to know that it's not what Amid has said...well, not completely. I'm not on the elite level yet so that might be something to do with it. Still doesn't give you Americans any excuse to fail to a Rocketeer with over 350 ping. I've beaten a few of the elites on this forum and I've heard some even complain about Rocketeer being cheap in Test Arena because I camp on the edges of the map where no one can flank me without feeling a barrage of Seekers and a face full of Hellfires - which by the way, DOES hurt.

Still not going to argue against the fact that Rocketeers are difficult to play in high-tier play though. They're under-powered and need a buff in everything. Increase the damage by like 1.5 and we're good. :3

Also, the beeping is the weapon. Duh guys. The beeping is what makes the Hellfires so amazing! I mean seriously, I spam someone enough times with it that they cannot hear anything and then they just charge at me to make it stop. It's so hilarious. x)

Edited by Dawn_of_Ash, 10 September 2015 - 03:26 AM.

• MechFighter5e3bf9 and System64 like this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts
I ruin jokes.

I ruin jokes.

I ruin jokes.

I ruin jokes.

Look at all these broken records up ins.

• ThereIsOnlyOne likes this

CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

There are no jokes when talking about EOC....only tears and sadness.

• PoopSlinger, Bergwein and nepacaka like this

TPG Hawken Admin.

TPG 3 has concluded! If you are interested in participating in TPG Season 4 gather a group and form a team or try and join an existing team! Stay tuned to the forums for updates on the details of TPG Season 4.

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
I actually did some really rough calculations on HF speed and got results as follows:
v0 = 34m (this was purely from the salty doc)
a = 90m/s^2 (would've been a little more but basically anything between 90 and 100 is a good estimation)
vmax = 130m/s (result based on time and distance traveled and using the acceleration figure)

So it seems that they accelerate quite quickly but the max speed is nothing to write home about.
  • CounterlogicMan and nepacaka like this

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

Look at all these broken records up ins.

joke = trying to play on heat-rocketeer against 2100+ mmr players on assaults ;D

System64

System64

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

538.gif

d9133aa6ec.jpg

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

mouse set up sensetively i find side stepping left angling my turtleback to my right elbow as hellfire comes, then boost rightalong with a lil tailwhip, vanguard can dodge hellfire quite well in turret mode

same for emps nless one piefaces me close up no worry the orbs i start unloading while emp makes sure i take out atleast one

Edited by MechFighter5e3bf9, 16 September 2015 - 12:03 AM.

Dew

Dew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Bring back air dynamics and instagibbing A-classes with Hellfire/EOC/H.E. dunk pls.

The lead pigeon must return.

SparkyJJC

SparkyJJC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Heat Cannon

Yes.

my sides

AXgnWyr.png

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

I just noticed you typed up the Seeker as having 25 DPS. Fix that.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

I just noticed that I ruin jokes.

• ThereIsOnlyOne likes this

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Amid your post was hilarious. A lot of it true but very funny. I love Rocketman even though it does suck for most. But don't forget the Rocketeer who could go up against Xacius in days of old. God could he dance that machine. :D MexichanMan was the king of Rocketeers. Remember the dual between him and Xacius? Awesome.

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

I know, old post but:

Spoiler

That's why I LOOOOVEEEE Ethe rocketeer! Pure sound pressure! hahahah :'D :pirate: :woot: :biggrin: :cool: :happy:
I want to play with it now and fool around :D

Edited by Luaq, 26 January 2016 - 09:26 PM.

• DemitronPrime likes this

DonCornelius

DonCornelius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

I like to lock on just to ring peoples bells. Spray seekers all over the place. Troll for complaints. Id rather be spreading the love in my tech tho.

CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Amid your post was hilarious. A lot of it true but very funny. I love Rocketman even though it does suck for most. But don't forget the Rocketeer who could go up against Xacius in days of old. God could he dance that machine. :D MexichanMan was the king of Rocketeers. Remember the dual between him and Xacius? Awesome.

Yeah that time when rocketeer wasn't nerfed into the ground and heat cannon was hilariously OP. Yeah Rocketeer was pretty awesome back then. Even better was when hellfires and EOC were simultaneously OP. 

Now the eoc rocketeer is literally the worst mech in the game. Heat rocketeer is so difficult to make viable and is overshadowed by pretty much anything else dps wise it isn't even worth mentioning in high tier play. Seeker rocketeer damage is so easy to avoided it is hilarious....

Interesting factoid though. According to a blurb in the Hawken Melee comics, there is information about the mechs in the game that were featured in the comic at the end, the seeker tracks better when hell fire lock is active. Even though the comics were made a long time ago, I think it might still be true.

• Luaq likes this

TPG Hawken Admin.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amid, guide, rocketeer, comedy, told you id do one of these

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users