- - - - - Reloaded Hawken Console re-launch

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

KillerMariosCY

KillerMariosCY

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TYPO: By APB Reloaded I mean Reloaded Games.

So far, Reloaded has done nothing to gain my respect and trust apart from some server maintenance and console porting.

I don't know any decent game from this studio and I don't expect they can provide the same level of design quality and feel (new UI is horrible) as the original team did.

Where are the new concept arts ? I bet they don't even have a creative team.

They don't even know how to communicate properly !

I hope the console move will allow Hawken to remain going and for the APB Reloaded to show some characteristics of professionalism.

Edited by KillerMariosCY, 11 July 2016 - 04:18 AM.

claisolais

claisolais

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Again, a post that I had to checked for the post date. 

You just come back from E3?

*EDIT* I partially trust them. But you know, I want to trust them, at least until a disaster actually hits the PC port. It's still not too late to earn the rest of the trust.

Edited by claisolais, 02 July 2016 - 06:46 PM.

Ic6j9zJ.png

SandSpider2

SandSpider2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

I trust them.

SandSpiderBanner%207_zpsf0vtqnox.png

The Atlas Of Illal https://community.pl...atlas-of-illal/

Illal Maps and Information https://community.pl...nd-information/
An Interview With Laila https://community.pl...iew-with-laila/

The Quarantine of Illal https://community.pl...ntine-of-illal/

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

I trust them to never fail to amaze us.

• Aelita and Nightfirebolt like this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Isnt the studio just called reloaded? I thought APB was a game they acquired and hence named APB:reloaded.

What if we just give some bacon paint, some bacon holo-emotes and change Bunker from snow to bacon.

This way, everyone will be happy.

What you should really do, is replace your parts with bacon, so you can cook games and eat bacon

Obviously the wallpaper would be cooler if bacon was incorporated into it.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
I trust Josh n Tiggs. They are people, not a company.

That said. What promises have Reloaded as a company made that you think they have or will renege on?

Rebrand/Patch?
New maps?
New mechs?
VOIP?
AntiCheat?
Bugfixes?

I am lead to believe they are working on all of these with the appropriate level of priority.

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts
do not desire too much, and you will not be disappointed

• Brother3J and Zebanchi like this

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

do not desire too much, and you will not be disappointed

Tao Te Ching

When there is no desire,
all things are at peace.

Nepacaka I didn't know that you were a fervent taoist :teehee:

• Rajitha and Zebanchi like this

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

lol

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

Stormwalker42

Stormwalker42

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

I really think trust is not the issue here.   The company is going to do whatever they need to make the game profitable.  There is no other point to an update.   The game needs income in order to survive.  

The game has always been incomplete.  Yes we have been playing it for a number of years.  That doesn't change the fact that we were playing an unfinished game.  There would be absolutely no point in keeping the game as it is right now, if all that does is make a few hundred players happy.  The cost of keeping up the servers would be greater than the income and they would eventually shut them down.   End of game.

Whether you trust them or not.  Whether it makes you happy or not.  They need to make changes, update the game, to bring in more income.  The new income will not only pay for the servers, but it will pay their salaries, so they can keep making changes, adding content, updating the game and keeping everyone playing.  

Only time will tell what is going to happen and how this will effect gameplay.  We need to wait for the updates, play the game and see what's next.   No different than what a lot of us have been doing for awhile now.

• DerMax, Odinous, Interrobang87 and 2 others like this

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

My trust level would have been much higher if Hawken weren't still a "Free 2 Play®" game.

>NOBODY is going to see a Free 2 Play game as an A-tier title.

>Everyone thinks that Free 2 Play actually means Pay 2 Win.

>Putting content that is superior to free content (G2 and Nief) behind a pay-wall is an instant uninstall for many.

Giving away something for free tells the public that you A: do not feel that your product is worth paying for and B: we expect to make money by nickleing and dimeing you to death.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Arkhaun

Arkhaun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Giving away something for free tells the public that you A: do not feel that your product is worth paying for and B: we expect to make money by nickleing and dimeing you to death.

Hawken isn't organic soap, nor is it a knife set so I don't think we need to worry about how it appears to buyers.

It was a free to play game that was a bit of buzz before and now its trying to get back on the scene after some years in repair.

now hawken should probably not got all warframe (of course), but it has always been free to play since open beta. It was part of a crowd of "hot new indie upstarts" when it came out. It isn't new now, and a quite bit less indie. 

Im rambling but what im getting at is that hawken doesn't need to change aside from the obvious "plz no MC g2 mechs" vibe that everybody agrees with

• DieselCat likes this

SORRY CAPS

170323-R9tPRfBFIQ79.jpg

Onebullit

Onebullit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Trustmeter for Reloaded

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

My score

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

• Luaq and Shade__ like this

><(((((°> - - - - - - - - - - -  ><((°> ><((°> ><((°>

HAWKEN ---> hawken ---> hawken ---> RIP 2017

Hawken gameplay and funky fragmontages: Hawken playlist

Buy Free Mechs for 1234 $, NO SCAM, Babaji Approves

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

I really think trust is not the issue here.   The company is going to do whatever they need to make the game profitable.  There is no other point to an update.   The game needs income in order to survive.  

The game has always been incomplete.  Yes we have been playing it for a number of years.  That doesn't change the fact that we were playing an unfinished game.  There would be absolutely no point in keeping the game as it is right now, if all that does is make a few hundred players happy.  The cost of keeping up the servers would be greater than the income and they would eventually shut them down.   End of game.

Whether you trust them or not.  Whether it makes you happy or not.  They need to make changes, update the game, to bring in more income.  The new income will not only pay for the servers, but it will pay their salaries, so they can keep making changes, adding content, updating the game and keeping everyone playing.  

Only time will tell what is going to happen and how this will effect gameplay.  We need to wait for the updates, play the game and see what's next.   No different than what a lot of us have been doing for awhile now.

I was on this side until I got a chance to go through the PC/Console Mech difference thread.  

There is so much blind ignorance in their mech reconfiguration choices that I have no choice but to conclude that not only did they not listen to clear and explicit descriptions of broken mechanics in the game (orblord), they did not even bother to come up with characterful, varied loadouts.  

The first vet to get a XIM working on XBOX is going to rofl-stomp in Vanguard.

• crockrocket, claisolais, Luaq and 2 others like this

ARCH3TYP3

ARCH3TYP3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

The first vet to get a XIM working on XBOX is going to rofl-stomp in Vanguard.

I have requested an ST be built for Hawken in the Xim4 game support thread. (Control F Hawken) . However, I am told it works pretty well using any old ST, like COD Ghosts, for instance, and then remapping to accommodate. I verified this with a user over PM, FWIW.

This seems as good a time as any to encourage others to mention it there as well, if interested in playing with a mouse/keyboard. Starting a buzz probably wouldn't hurt.

I am getting a Xim4 for my kids' PS4....cause, why not? I like Vanguards.

Edited by ARCH3TYP3, 06 July 2016 - 04:41 PM.

"Finally, the white knight I deserve. [ARCHETYPE]" -  Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

I have requested an ST be built for Hawken in the Xim4 game support thread. (Control F Hawken) However, I am told it works pretty well using any old ST, like COD Ghosts, for instance, and then remapping to accommodate. I verified this with a user over PM FWIW.
This seems as good a time as any to encourage others to mention it there as well, if interested in playing with a mouse/keyboard. Starting a buzz probably wouldn't hurt.

I am getting a Xim4 for my kids' PS4....cause, why not? I like Vanguards.

A, uh, veteran player who has been streaming has stated that it is serviceable, but far from perfect. I guess we'll see.

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

A, uh, veteran player who has been streaming has stated that it is serviceable, but far from perfect. I guess we'll see.

High input lag is the word on the street if I'm not mistaken.

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

ARCH3TYP3

ARCH3TYP3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Hehe.. I think I missed the part about veteran. Did not in any way mean to call myself a veteran....

I just can't play with a controller. 

And, I like Vanguards. :)

• DieselCat likes this

"Finally, the white knight I deserve. [ARCHETYPE]" -  Amidatelion

Badtings

Badtings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Nope. Literally just deleted my post about forum segregation. 

Shameful. 

• Luaq likes this

8CyRDl7.gifGYM1W9I.png

Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Sincerely, I kind of trusted somewhat RLD (btw OP you could edit the title now that you know APB was a game and not RLD)

But I just got censored. I created a normal thread about how RLD would react to some reddit post about ps4 release and how people are already arguing if it's p2w or not and I really just had been censored for this? While other actually throw insults at RLD while I don't and I was censored? Sincerely... I'm somewhat under a shock here... I definitely now have developed even more thrust issues with RLD.

How am I supposed to react after this? So I can go on and say all sorts of bad words but I can't actually speak about real stuff that is going on? That is a major censorship going there. Lobbying almost. I'm shocked. really.

• DieselCat and Nightfirebolt like this

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

^Don't be too shocked.  That was one of the main issues folks who had experience with APB after ReLoaded took over - that they deleted posts and edited content on the APB forums.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Spoiler

• dorobo likes this

LadyTiggs

LadyTiggs

Super Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Sincerely, I kind of trusted somewhat RLD (btw OP you could edit the title now that you know APB was a game and not RLD)

But I just got censored. I created a normal thread about how RLD would react to some reddit post about ps4 release and how people are already arguing if it's p2w or not and I really just had been censored for this? While other actually throw insults at RLD while I don't and I was censored? Sincerely... I'm somewhat under a shock here... I definitely now have developed even more thrust issues with RLD.

How am I supposed to react after this? So I can go on and say all sorts of bad words but I can't actually speak about real stuff that is going on? That is a major censorship going there. Lobbying almost. I'm shocked. really.

Where was the thread made (which forum) and when? 

^Don't be too shocked.  That was one of the main issues folks who had experience with APB after ReLoaded took over - that they deleted posts and edited content on the APB forums.

We don't delete threads (we do hide threads that are against the forum guidelines), content is edited also when it's against the guidelines and a note is made. 

~~Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!!~~

Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

@ladytiggs

if I look at my inbox, nepaca tried to answer to my thread and it was ultimately deleted so he came and talk to me in private instead which was at July 2016 - 01:52 PM

I was asking what reloaded would do, which intentions they had concerning a reddit post about ps4 release and people already arguing about the fact that it feel P2W because some mechs. And in that link I posted you can see a lot of future players that are concerned and doubting and xbox players have different opinions.

Sincerely, I don't know how, but RLD team seems like it would need to do overtime and come up with an informative video. Heck maybe if the situation between the community and RLD here weren't that bitter, maybe reloaded could have handed up a mission to the community folks, the ones who are used to stream and all, and let them create a video that would be approved about what is hawken and what'S it going to be so far as we know and deliver this no-ill will message to PS4 and Xbox players from the PC community. I  don't know who, if it would be hoho or fawken awesome or who ever streams... as long as it's for informing the new players since RLD obviously have their hands full, how come they don't work with the community to help them out? Instead RLD does feel as it only shuts us up. While we actually can be of help in so many ways, RLD just have plans of their own to the point that "they don't need us" but clearly they would need a lot more than just us looking how things are going right now. Contradictions... change of plans... censorship... lack of communication... etc

Edited by Luaq, 07 July 2016 - 11:18 AM.

LadyTiggs

LadyTiggs

Super Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

@ladytiggs

if I look at my inbox, nepaca tried to answer to my thread and it was ultimately deleted so he came and talk to me in private instead which was at July 2016 - 01:52 PM

I was asking what reloaded would do, which intentions they had concerning a reddit post about ps4 release and people already arguing about the fact that it feel P2W because some mechs. And in that link I posted you can see a lot of future players that are concerned and doubting and xbox players have different opinions.

Sincerely, I don't know how, but RLD team seems like it would need to do overtime and come up with an informative video. Heck maybe if the situation between the community and RLD here weren't that bitter, maybe reloaded could have handed up a mission to the community folks, the ones who are used to stream and all, and let them create a video that would be approved about what is hawken and what'S it going to be so far as we know and deliver this no-ill will message to PS4 and Xbox players from the PC community. I  don't know who, if it would be hoho or fawken awesome or who ever streams... as long as it's for informing the new players since RLD obviously have their hands full, how come they don't work with the community to help them out? Instead RLD does feel as it only shuts us up. While we actually can be of help in so many ways, RLD just have plans of their own to the point that "they don't need us" but clearly they would need a lot more than just us looking how things are going right now. Contradictions... change of plans... censorship... lack of communication... etc

You didn't provide a day so I can't check.  Prior to the console release we weren't able to discuss anything, today the PS4 will release and we can now move on. We're hoping to set up a stream Q&A (once we get PS4 settled) and answer more questions you all may have.  We couldn't ask people to do a video on something we weren't able to discuss at the time.  Now we can talk about it and if someone wants to create a video that's great we'd love to have that. But that's not something anyone has ever needed our permission for before.    I give you the information that is given to me and we'll start to see more Devs posting on the forums too.  

The PC changes will come, we're not forgetting about PC or giving up on PC.  I'll be grabbing more questions from the Q&A thread to see if I can get team responses to them in the next couple of days.  The focus is PS4 over the next few days, so I won't make promises because that's a higher priority. 

• MomOw and Luaq like this

~~Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!!~~

Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

it was today tiggs!

• DeeRax likes this

KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

The PC changes will come, we're not forgetting about PC or giving up on PC.  I'll be grabbing more questions from the Q&A thread to see if I can get team responses to them in the next couple of days.  The focus is PS4 over the next few days, so I won't make promises because that's a higher priority. 

Let's not hurry to get the PC version updated okay? Why not take the time to fix what is messed up in the console release, get customization back in the game, and undo all this P2W mess with Pay-2-Play mechs, G2's being vertical upgrades, and all the other nonsense that works against this sort of game.

Tell the development team to get that straightened out then worry about the PC version because right now I don't think anyone on the PC wants that version of Hawken. In fact if you guys actually read the forums there's a bunch of people here, on Steam, Reddit, and more hoping Hawken fails and the development team is forced to revert back to how things were before while using the improved weapon platform and so forth to help with balancing.

Let's not rush to put the final nail in Hawken's coffin.

Also update the site already. You keep saying you guys aren't withholding information now yet the site doesn't accurately reflect what Hawken is or how it works now. Certain mechs like the Civ have links which don't work, there are literally zero details about what the G2 lineup is (though I don't blame them for leaving those P2W details out), and generally speaking for this being the official site it's incredibly lacking and I've heard a number of people complain about this as well as being confused.

Fix the problems and then patch up the PC version. Otherwise all we're seeing is the same problems that are hampering the console version will soon be hampering the only good version of Hawken there is.

• Nept, ThirdEyE, Amidatelion and 5 others like this

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

I definitely now have developed even more thrust issues with RLD.

Watch where you're going with those thrust issues.

:teehee:

• crockrocket, Luaq, ReversusRex and 1 other like this

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

haha oups my bad... trust* issues. Haha my oh my I do miss my thrusters!

KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

We're hoping to set up a stream Q&A (once we get PS4 settled) and answer more questions you all may have.  We couldn't ask people to do a video on something we weren't able to discuss at the time.  Now we can talk about it and if someone wants to create a video that's great we'd love to have that. But that's not something anyone has ever needed our permission for before.    I give you the information that is given to me and we'll start to see more Devs posting on the forums too.  

Are we gonna get a roadmap of where Hawken is going? Are we going to get a properly updated website that accurately reflects all aspects of Hawken such as the vertical upgrade difference between the G1 and G2 line which creates a P2W effect? Are we going to get any form of standard communication that doesn't rely on digging through threads, social media, Reddit, Twitch Streams, and more to figure out what is going on? Are all the NDA's lifted or is there still things you can't talk about which is why everything is so up in the air and everyone is so confused?

A Q&A stream is nice but I feel like formal announcements and clear message on Hawken's OFFICIAL WEBSITE would go much further than that and would also start centralizing where information about Hawken can be found.

If this is sounding like all new concepts to the peeps over at Reloaded then I suggest getting someone who knows how to handle this kind of stuff because right now the communities aren't be handled well, many aren't sure what is going on, and oh yea the website is still lacking a ton of information and has broken links all over the place.

One last question... Do any of you think Hawken is actually making a good first impression on people and one that will lead to dedicated players who will stick with and support Hawken?

• Luaq and harmless_kittens like this

Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Are we gonna get a roadmap of where Hawken is going?

Oh wow. that actually reminded me of the time when I was in the alpha test phase of final fantasy xiv a realm reborn.
This game is the greatest example of a game that died and pheonix downed from the ashes. Sincerely. The communication in the forums and the devs were just beyond my expectations. Keji you said the secret word: roadmap. That's exactly what they did and they brilliantly accomplished all tasks because they knew where they were going and which challenges to expect. They made EVERY old players (from the old build that failed and paid for services in the past and had an active account (pretty much like us hawken players here) ) test the build and give feed back. We did all sign NDA's but at least the whole community was giving feedback and testing for free AND THE DEVS ACTUALLY LISTENED to our input and look at the game now! IT'S ALIVE AND GOING MORE THAN WELL. Ohhhh good memories. Damn good ones. It's so strange how Reloaded doesn't get this. FFXVI ARR was saved by it's community feedback with the work of the devs because they had faith IN US more than in some companies with lucrative goals. All these companies that are aiming at these budget goals are wasting time because there's goals actually came by themselves naturally thanks to the cooperation of the dev team with the community. I wish I could be as proud of what hawken becomes as much as I saw FFXIV Reborn. The only major change I was less happy about was to lower the graphics physics which for me killed the immersion at some point but I know oh soooo much how all the rest became sooooooooo better. Everything to be exact. Everything was reworked and was for the better. But they didn't do it by shutting down their own players, it's own community, they embraced it and teamed up instead of trying to endlessly control something they already lost control of. Waow. If i wasn't in a bad financial situation, I'd actually be still playing.

Edited by Luaq, 08 July 2016 - 02:43 AM.

KillerMariosCY

KillerMariosCY

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Let's not hurry to get the PC version updated okay? Why not take the time to fix what is messed up in the console release, get customization back in the game, and undo all this P2W mess with Pay-2-Play mechs, G2's being vertical upgrades, and all the other nonsense that works against this sort of game.

Tell the development team to get that straightened out then worry about the PC version because right now I don't think anyone on the PC wants that version of Hawken. In fact if you guys actually read the forums there's a bunch of people here, on Steam, Reddit, and more hoping Hawken fails and the development team is forced to revert back to how things were before while using the improved weapon platform and so forth to help with balancing.

Also update the site already. You keep saying you guys aren't withholding information now yet the site doesn't accurately reflect what Hawken is or how it works now. Certain mechs like the Civ have links which don't work, there are literally zero details about what the G2 lineup is (though I don't blame them for leaving those P2W details out), and generally speaking for this being the official site it's incredibly lacking and I've heard a number of people complain about this as well as being confused.

Fix the problems and then patch up the PC version. Otherwise all we're seeing is the same problems that are hampering the console version will soon be hampering the only good version of Hawken there is.

Hawken was never a P2W game.

I hope they keep it that way.

They need to consider better ways to generate money !

Edited by KillerMariosCY, 09 July 2016 - 03:05 AM.

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

I don't want to see Hawken fail in any of these areas....but.... Add me in...I agree with these concerns raised here.

Just Relax....and take life one game at a time....

Don't run to your death....walk

th_Duckman.jpg   th_82c0a97c-98de-4aac-be47-05e5e099be80.

*+

Pumapaw

Pumapaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Does it matter? They would have to release a ton of new content to attract any money.

wolfrock

wolfrock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
^I'm really surprised (and mentioned it 2 years ago on the forums somewhere) that adh never planned to go the csgo route and make money off a community marketplace for skins. We would make half their content for them, they would print money and give content creators a very small amount of MC as a royalty.
G2R is viable.

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

rlh_dribbble_cashcow_final.gif

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Btw can someone with more free time do a comparison of Howken and apb after it was acquired pls :pirate:  there must be similarities

KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Btw can someone with more free time do a comparison of Howken and apb after it was acquired pls :pirate:  there must be similarities

Probably just dig around on the forums and Reddit to find APB players who came to Hawken to warn us what Reloaded being involved means. Pretty much told us they would promise one thing and then deliver something else that was pretty much the existing game and content repackaged and geared towards P2W aspects so they can make as much money as possible with whatever audience they can gain.

That pretty much sounds like Hawken on Xbox One and PS4 to me. CapnJosh said none of that would be happening cause GamersFirst (publisher and owner of the APB IP) wouldn't be involved and Reloaded is the studio who actually owns the Hawken IP. 

Yet here we are.

• DieselCat likes this

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Probably just dig around on the forums and Reddit to find APB players who came to Hawken to warn us what Reloaded being involved means. Pretty much told us they would promise one thing and then deliver something else that was pretty much the existing game and content repackaged and geared towards P2W aspects so they can make as much money as possible with whatever audience they can gain.

That pretty much sounds like Hawken on Xbox One and PS4 to me. CapnJosh said none of that would be happening cause GamersFirst (publisher and owner of the APB IP) wouldn't be involved and Reloaded is the studio who actually owns the Hawken IP.

Yet here we are.

And yet there have been a few instances to suggest gamers first is in fact involved
  • DieselCat likes this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

And yet there have been a few instances to suggest gamers first is in fact involved

Like when you visit GamersFirst homepage and find Hawken right there at the top despite 505 Games being the publisher and GamersFirst having nothing to do with Hawken (according to CapnJosh).

For a company that has no say in this game and makes nothing off of it why are they advertising it on their website? If you follow the link it takes you the Steam page which only has Reloaded Games listed as the developer and publisher of Hawken.

Something tells me we weren't told the whole story about GamersFirst and this is a huge part of the reason why things are shaping up the way they are. Like this thread shows CapnJosh was well aware of certain issues with Hawken and changed things up to fix them because of the perception it gave new customers and all that. Yet none of those thoughts seem to have made it into the console version of Hawken.

Really makes ya wonder doesn't it?

• DieselCat likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Reloaded, Hawken, Console, re-launch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users