• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Since I haven't seen any responses from the devs confirming that they're going to provide us with a change log anytime soon™, I figured we might as well have a central thread for all the changes we're seeing in XB1 Hawken. TIME TO POOL OUR COMMUNITY INSIGHTS!

Please post (1) any changes that you've seen and (2) any questions that you want answered by people who have XB1 Hawken. Screenshots, links to videos of relevant gameplay (with a time stamp plz), and other evidence would be nice to have too.

I'll continually edit this post to reflect confirmed changes, add the videos and pics you post, and list any open questions we have. This first post will be a bit bare at first because I'm coming up with stuff off the cuff, but it'll be more fleshed out as feedback comes in.

I'll keep updating this thread with feedback until I see the devs post a changelog of equal or greater value of what we're coming up with here.

WITHOUT FURTHER ADO

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyginos' console patch delta spreadsheet

New UI

• The pre-July Hawken UI has been replaced with a new UI that addresses the unique needs of Hawken on a console.

Control scheme

• XB1 players are limited to controllers only. Mouse and keyboard peripherals are not supported on XB1.

Mech pricing

Mech progression

• A mech tree "web" has been introduced, though the mechs can still be viewed in a grid-like fashion.
    • Does the tree limit which mechs can be unlocked in a particular order?
      • ?Yes. Apparently Brusier and Berserkers are now the first two unlockable mechs, after which other mechs can be unlocked. Exact tree configuration unknown (screenshots?).
  • ?G2 mechs have superior stat values, items, and internals over G1 mechs.
    • Don't G2 mechs sometimes / often have different weapon loadouts from their G1 counterparts? If so, doesn't that mean a pilot will have to force themselves to play with the G2's preset loadout + weapons even if they like the loadout of the former?

New Mechs (awesome post containing detailed figures for all mech changes here)

• G2 Raider is now called a marauder. It has 700 HP and 30 m/s boost speed. You like overheating? SURE YOU DO! So now its overhead period has been increased 6.75 seconds up from 4. SO NEATO
  • The "Charge", a new dual mini-flak A-class mech. It's ability, "Overshield", creates a shield which reduces damage over time.
  • The "Nief", a dual-seeker A-class mech. It's ability, "Rapid Fire", greatly (AND WE MEAN GREATLY) increases rate of fire. I'm estimating based on this post that when using it's 3-second ability that it deals a max DPS of 208, which is higher than the current Vulcan Berserker using it's ability (204 DPS). Can be easily killed when ability is down, can facerape C-class mechs in 3 seconds when ability is used.
  • The "Civ", a dual EOC repeater (but it's XT, whatever that means) B-class mech. It has a Magnetic Shell ability, which based on its description means that it attracts everything magnetic because yes.
  • The "M36", a C-class mech with dual PPAs and a "Machine Turret" special ability. Unfortunately, descriptor is vague (anyone have a video of it in action?). The Brawler's special ability is called "Fortified Turret" while the Grenadier's special ability is "Artillery Target", so "Machine Turret" is anyone's guess.

Mech customization

• Vanguard cupcake is no longer exclusive
  • Items limited to two item types on a mech. You can no longer put three item types on a mech.
    • Is there a limitation to how many of each item you can carry? Is it still 4 (3+1, 2+2)?
  • Can internals be swapped out on mechs, or are the internals "locked" on a per-mech basis?
    • ?Internals are now predefined for each mech. You can apparently upgrade these internals, but not switch them out.
      • ?Does this mean that PC-based legacy mechs won't be able to customize internal loadouts? Does the UI even support internal switching?
  • Can items be swapped out on mechs, or are the internals "locked" on a per-mech basis?
    • ?Items are now predefined for each mech.
      • ?Does this mean that PC-based legacy mechs won't be able to customize their item loadouts? Does the UI even support item switching?
  • Mech chassis can no longer be swapped between different mechs. In other words, a Fred chassis from a CR-T can't be placed on a Sharpshooter.

"Existing" mech changes (awesome post containing detailed figures for all mech changes here)

• Rocketeer HP increased to 900+ HP from 730. This is unconfirmed; may be pre-alpha gameplay footage)
  • Scout HP reduced to 300 from 320. Dodge speed decreased to .7 seconds from 1.
  • Berserker HP reduced to 350 from 355
  • Vanguard HP increased to 725 from 685
  • Infiltrator primary = EOC, secondary = GL. HP reduced to 325 from 330.
  • Reaper HP reduced to 325 from 350.
  • Assault coolant ability icon looks like a penis fXx1QeV.png
  • G1 and G2 brawler have orblord internal loadouts, with the latter starting with MKII with upgrades available for MKIII

Weapon stat changes

• PUT STUFF HERE

Matchmaking

Misc

• Console players get their own forum badge #lovewins
  • Apparently the XB1 version of Hawken wasn't supposed to be available today OOPS
  • CRT is the base mech again

Bugs

Edited by TheButtSatisfier, 01 July 2016 - 12:15 PM.

• Robscancer, XPloyt, DerMax and 14 others like this

8) Tech in the streets, Brawler in the sheets (8

americanbrit14

americanbrit14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

the charge's icon was spotted in one of the streams and looks like the Dota logo. just flipped and in a circle 

also charge and neif not spotted in the mech grid, only the normal mechs and their g2s

oh and the assault's new icon looks like a bit like a penis. fXx1QeV.png

Edit: someone said that either the neif or the charge (can't remember exactly) was saved for a so-called "Founders pack" not confirmed though

Edit2: apparently as of right now Facility is the only map that can be played. possibly a bug in the map rotation, we do not know

and speaking of bugs there's one that makes the menu music not stop. ever. and if you want to know, the only song i've heard on the loop is How to Win a War 

I will be streaming a little after 10:00pm MDT tonight so i'll come back with everything that i see there and as much info as possible

Edit2.5: as it turns out Co-op tdm can have other maps, but normal tdm cannot. as the server browser showed there being a wreckage and a prosk one too

Edit2.65: to quote"

LadyTiggs: We'll be doing a rolling restart of the servers at 8:45 PM CDT to fix some bugs. Estimated downtime is 45 minutes and we'll post once the servers are back in service."

Meaning some of the bugs may be fixed.

Edit3: THEY ADDED VOTE TO KICK

Edit4: so, we've got all the stats looked at, though i don't know where they were put, the gold camos exist and look terrible in the garage, scoot is the only one with gold wings. 

all the g2s seem to have desaturated textures of the mastered versions of the normal mechs, i.e. the elite parts and have overall stat, item, and internal advantages making them overall straight upgrades from the g1s

the G2 Brawler and brawler both have orblord builds, g2 being able to upgrade it seemingly over what is possible now, and also has 900 hp

Gren does indeed have dual Revs, though no sight of the cupcake everyone was complaining about, though i did not look at the cosmetics

a few map hiccups were indeed fixed, but the big problems like map climbing and the walls you can dodge into and take large fall damage are still 100% there

most of frontline's destructibles are just sitting in the out of bounds beneath the bridge. bunker is smoggy. 

they did not change the tutorial at all, the opening cinematic is different, but its just the trailer for the old live action hawken movie

You do indeed have to unlock the mechs in a certain order, moving along the web  in order to unlock them, the first two choices being berzerker and bruiser i believe. 

charge still unknown

and last but not least, the Xbox version does indeed require a Xbox gold membership

Edited by Americanbrit14 the moderately bad., 30 June 2016 - 11:01 PM.

• ThirdEyE, Miscellaneous, claisolais and 3 others like this

VfuS0qE.png?1

contracted by 

??

INDUSTRY

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

the charge's icon was spotted in one of the streams and looks like the Dota logo. just flipped and in a circle 

Is this "charge" a new mech?

• Darktim300 likes this

americanbrit14

americanbrit14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

its the twin miniflak A-class

• TheButtSatisfier likes this

VfuS0qE.png?1

contracted by 

??

INDUSTRY

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Some new mechs seem to exists outside the visible market, prolly meant for bundles or whatever

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

claisolais

claisolais

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

https://www.reddit.c...console_hawken/

Charger seems only available through the Founder's bundle:

http://store.xbox.co...27-9e8b82af2aa9

This link might not be working...search for this: Hawken  Gründer-Bundle 

Oh wait you should be able to see it in English in the next couple hours..

Edited by claisolais, 30 June 2016 - 05:10 PM.

Ic6j9zJ.png

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Xbone users have their own forum badge.

• _incitatus, LaurenEmily and OdinTheWise like this

Pubstomping is a whole different strategic discussion, however, and usually just becomes an exploration of the ethics of dumpstering randos.

UYoy63i.png

Why mech game make when you no mech game have you don't want to make? 

Morquedeas

Morquedeas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

If you guys want data just go on twitch and look watch the streams.

Caught some new stats when someone hit the details tab, looks like the marauder has 700 hp and 30m/s boost speed now, a pretty hefty buff.

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

They have their own forum badge ?!? LETS BURN THIS B TO GROUND: PITCHFORKS & TORCHES ENABLED !!!! ALL WILL PAY !
  • dorobo and Shade__ like this

wmmoney.png

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

I'm not liking this because I'm pissed

• LaurenEmily and Drrt4 like this

KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

255.gif

Seriously Reloaded? Supposedly you now have the ability to create new assets including mechs and chassis, you just added back into the game a number of chassis that have been around since closed alpha days, and yet you take the big exclusive item and make it available to everyone? Something that showed someone had supported Hawken from the very beginning and was rather rare to see is now available to everyone.

You keep talking about trying to keep this goodwill and spirit of Hawken alive with the PC community yet you're leaving us in the dark so we have to sit around and speculate about changes based off vague statements from Lady Tiggs and gameplay that is now popping up thanks to the Xbox One launch. You had a chance to show some goodwill towards the original fan base and threw it out the window to beef up that mech lineup some more.

I'm unimpressed with everything I've seen thus far and this is after watching the new build in action for awhile. Looks like you guys pretty much repackaged all existing Hawken content (couldn't help but notice the Pusher and Siege Tank are around nor are their unique weapons and abilities despite claims that all assets for mechs are now in use, weird considering these were playable and pretty much done outside of some balancing testing and minor animation work I believe) with far less customization and options for play. 

Hopefully there's a day one patch or something that happens when Hawken officially goes live outside of Japan but my guess is that's what we're getting; a stripped down version of Hawken.

• diablo878, dorobo, ThirdEyE and 7 others like this

claisolais

claisolais

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Add something else, remember that G2 pred that Tiggs posted? ALL G2 series will be using the G1 chassis with that grey-whatever painting, at least I've seen it on G2A, G2Tech, G2Pred.

Not sure about G2 reaper tho.

So what have they done to our old G2A chassis? Reuse on another "New" mech?

• nepacaka likes this

Ic6j9zJ.png

OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

this is most likely what reloaded did 

• Miscellaneous, Zdragow and Sylhiri like this

We Can Dance If We Want To     

OTWsig2.jpg

ES3lMRu.png?1

Zdragow

Zdragow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

nH7qg1z.gif

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

I want to cry at all this.  Is it weird that I'd rather we never get an update now?

• diablo878, dorobo, ThirdEyE and 14 others like this

100% Hamburger | #becomeinpopcorn

AOTbYIL.png

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts
This is all sorts of fuzzy bunnyed, just across the board. I'll put down a formatted list of my thoughts next time I have computer access.

Edit: votekick, really?!

Edited by crockrocket, 30 June 2016 - 07:29 PM.

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

sabrehawk90

sabrehawk90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

AdQbAp5.png

Not sure how useful this would be, but I got this screenshot.

2XhpJes.png

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

AdQbAp5.png

Not sure how useful this would be, but I got this screenshot.

AT least they had the sense to put the best weapon in the game on a G2.
I guess?

P2W tho? Ehh?

In fact, something tells me this was all a HUGE MISTAKE.

Edited by (TDM) DeeRax, 30 June 2016 - 08:07 PM.

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

reloaded has never made a game in their life and it shows when they put this hot garbage out into the world

• diablo878, comic_sans, KillerMariosCY and 2 others like this

We Can Dance If We Want To     

OTWsig2.jpg

ES3lMRu.png?1

XPloyt

XPloyt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Despite what I saw and heard tonight, I'd give them this at least: People were playing the game before it officially launched in all regions, at which point, there could be a patch or update. If nothing happens, then I see why people would be completely beside themselves, including myself.

Hocisern

Hocisern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Nief. Ability increases damage and fire rate. http://imgur.com/joR2C7b

• ThirdEyE and StubbornPuppet like this

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Nief. Ability = win

Laziest thing I've ever seen. Even worse than zerker/gren ability.

I guess it's the only way to make seekers any good tho. :rolleyes:

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

Duralumi

Duralumi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Behold.

The ultimate cancer mech on Bunker.

• nepacaka and TheButtSatisfier like this

everything is going to be daijobu

If you have images in your signature, you're part of the reason why I disable them.

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Jesus christ this looks retarded

• Nept and DeeRax like this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

Shade__

Shade__

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

and so shades meme-venture started.

Edited by Shade__, 30 June 2016 - 10:05 PM.

,d88b.d88b,
`Y8888888Y'
`Y888Y' 
`Y

-Shade__

americanbrit14

americanbrit14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

updated my previous post

VfuS0qE.png?1

contracted by 

??

INDUSTRY

ThirdEyE

ThirdEyE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

255.gif

Seriously Reloaded? Supposedly you now have the ability to create new assets including mechs and chassis, you just added back into the game a number of chassis that have been around since closed alpha days, and yet you take the big exclusive item and make it available to everyone? Something that showed someone had supported Hawken from the very beginning and was rather rare to see is now available to everyone.

You keep talking about trying to keep this goodwill and spirit of Hawken alive with the PC community yet you're leaving us in the dark so we have to sit around and speculate about changes based off vague statements from Lady Tiggs and gameplay that is now popping up thanks to the Xbox One launch. You had a chance to show some goodwill towards the original fan base and threw it out the window to beef up that mech lineup some more.

I'm unimpressed with everything I've seen thus far and this is after watching the new build in action for awhile. Looks like you guys pretty much repackaged all existing Hawken content (couldn't help but notice the Pusher and Siege Tank are around nor are their unique weapons and abilities despite claims that all assets for mechs are now in use, weird considering these were playable and pretty much done outside of some balancing testing and minor animation work I believe) with far less customization and options for play. 

Hopefully there's a day one patch or something that happens when Hawken officially goes live outside of Japan but my guess is that's what we're getting; a stripped down version of Hawken.

If this is true, this is seriously the biggest FUC K YOU to the die-hard fans that I could imagine.  Releasing founder-exclusive content is unforgivable, and confirms my suspicion that Reloaded couldn't care less about the community.  They only care about making profit and nothing else.

Like Keji said it's sad that they don't seem to have included existing assets, since the lightning gun and turret sounded cool as hell.  Who wouldn't want to see artillery in a mech game?

I sincerely hope that Reloaded realize the error of their ways and polish the turd that the console version seems to currently be.

Also lol at the mech tree.  How hard is it to make it look like you spent more than 5 minutes of work on it?

Spoiler

I honestly can't remember the last time I was so disappointed in a game's development.  The fact that Reloaded hasn't even posted patch notes or any type of official announcement regarding the updates is sad to say the least.  What a shame.

Edited by ThirdEyE, 30 June 2016 - 11:13 PM.

• diablo878, KejiGoto and comic_sans like this

oSpBaPA.png

americanbrit14

americanbrit14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

I honestly can't remember the last time I was so disappointed in a game's development.  The fact that Reloaded hasn't even posted patch notes or any type of official announcement regarding the updates is sad to say the least.  What a shame.

their excuse is to quote "The console releases are technically new releases, and thus not patches when the PC update comes around, then we'll post a patchnotes"

Edited by Americanbrit14 the moderately bad., 30 June 2016 - 11:17 PM.

VfuS0qE.png?1

contracted by 

??

INDUSTRY

Epsilon_Knight

Epsilon_Knight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Behold.

I'm pretty sure it'll be cancer EVERYWHERE if it isn't nerfed immediately.    Seeker is not a great weapon, but with that amount of spam, anyone half-competent could wreck multiple players on the enemy team with it.

It fluffing eats a C class, in seconds, WITH SPAM TO SPARE, and less than half of overheat.

It looks hilarious.  It is potentially the most broken thing in the game right now.

Edited by Epsilon_Knight, 30 June 2016 - 11:45 PM.

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

History repeats itself high level executives and marketing people doing what they not suppose to. I guess that should have been expected at the precise moment when we heard of aquisition.

Happy-Hunger-Games-GIF.gif

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Someone who's not as apathetic as I am should start a Hawken 3.0 Criticism Megathread.

• Duralumi and nepacaka like this

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

Behold.

The ultimate cancer mech on cancer map. fixed.

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Someone who's not as apathetic as I am should start a Hawken 3.0 Criticism Megathread.

I was gonna post my own thoughts tomorrow when I have computer access, if someone does it before then I'll add my thoughts to that

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

For those who have played Xbone : has the scanner been modified (duration, radius) ? And does any G2 have scanner ?

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

did you check this guys?
https://www.playhawk...ame-guide/mechs

i have only one question. What the fock is dis!?
36m with 2x ppa-bear, Civ with 2xEOC...

some changes is really sciri mi

Edited by nepacaka, 01 July 2016 - 12:06 AM.

• crockrocket, claisolais and -Tj- like this

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

Zaxik

Zaxik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Nief. Ability increases damage and fire rate. http://imgur.com/joR2C7b

Yeah. I'm totally speechless. Did I get sucked into parallel universe while I was sleeping?

• claisolais likes this

Siamenis

Siamenis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

I must say that my initial optimism has vaned. G2's being direct upgrades of starting mechs, unimaginitive UI overhaul, mono-weapon mechs,... it just reeks of cheapness. I hope this was due to adjustments required for console porting, but content wise, this release is absolutely disappointing.

claisolais

claisolais

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

did you check this guys?
https://www.playhawk...ame-guide/mechs

i have only one question. What the fock is dis!?
36m with 2x ppa-bear, Civ with 2xEOC...

some changes is really sciri mi

SHOOT it just gets worse

Noticed civ's ability??Behold the seeker EOCs

JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT CANT GETS ANY WORSE, RLD NVR CHASE TO SURPRISE YOU ON THAT.

Edited by claisolais, 01 July 2016 - 12:37 AM.

Ic6j9zJ.png

Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
Hawken should have died with Adhesive rather then turn into this thing. It spits in the face of what the original developers were trying to do, just for a quick buck. Just another example that free to play publishers are the parasites of the video game industry.
  • dorobo and OdinTheWise like this

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Jesus christ this looks retarded

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Don't worry, guys: their QA guys are scary good.

• crockrocket, -Tj-, comic_sans and 2 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: changelog, update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users