• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

BIsmuthZornisse

BIsmuthZornisse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

What will the mechs using the nief and charge chassis be called or will they just use their chassis names?

Your game guide doesnt list the incinerator, is it gone forever or will it be reintroduced later?

Will those who already have the incinerator keep it, like with the 3-primary-weapons mechs?

Have you made changes to the portable scanner, like decrease its duration?

I have a lot of ideas and would like some feedback on them:

Suggestions for fixing things:

https://community.pl...of-suggestions/

Suggestions for new things:

https://community.pl...for-new-things/

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

I give them a chance to try to do things right.

But I do agree with elements such as "vertical progression" and being able to keep my hawkins brawler, vulcan no-turret grenadier, and AR/TOW salt.

sorry if I repeat myself but old mech should not being allowed in normal pub.

and vertical progression should not imply grinding for "better" mech, but grinding for variety and for mechs that requires more skill as it is now (more or less).

For example : a reflak raider is a good "G1" and the T32 raider is a good "G2".

Edited by (KDR) MomOw, 19 June 2016 - 05:01 AM.

• Bergwein and Arkhaun like this

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

Siamenis

Siamenis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Are there any plans to improve the sound? Like giving more "punch" for example to AR which currently doesn't give the impression of firing a large weapon. Firing Hellfires sounds currently more like letting of steam than firing a swarm of rockets, and the SA Hawkins is probably the worst sounding weapon in the entire game.

Basically, the clicks and grinds when I charge the Heat, the sonic boom of KE Sabot.., that's what I mean and desire. Give them a feeling of weight and mechanical notion. These are big weapons, but they just don't sound like it.

• dorobo, DieselCat, americanbrit14 and 1 other like this

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

It seems we'll just have to wait and see how it will pan out. I doubt commenting here will change anything at this point considering they showed it on E3 and all..

Maybe we could sell those unique accounts we have? :pirate:

• WillyW and DemitronPrime like this

EMEUTIER

EMEUTIER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

A few of us who have been with Hawken for quite some time now actually have duplicates of each mech class, I honestly cant remember what caused this in the first place but can we PLEASE have the option to SELL our mech's?

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

A few of us who have been with Hawken for quite some time now actually have duplicates of each mech class, I honestly cant remember what caused this in the first place but can we PLEASE have the option to SELL our mech's?

Test-drive mechs used to stay in your garage.

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Things look shaky for TPG S4

The only reason we've not launched TPG S4 is the lack of teams.  Currently we have Axe Attack, The Automatic Mustangs, 2-3 Trentik Defense Militia teams, and The Hawken Collective.  You want S4?  Get us another couple teams.  We'll run the thing regardless of whatever design decisions Reloaded makes.

Edited by Nept: Ultra Lord of the God-Kings, 19 June 2016 - 06:44 AM.

• crockrocket, Amidatelion and Arkhaun like this

KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Did anyone realize that once skill trees (which for the record, I dont support) get implemented, smurfs are going to have less of an advantage because there will be a start up period due to lack of skill points.
  • DemitronPrime likes this

What if we just give some bacon paint, some bacon holo-emotes and change Bunker from snow to bacon.

This way, everyone will be happy.

What you should really do, is replace your parts with bacon, so you can cook games and eat bacon

Obviously the wallpaper would be cooler if bacon was incorporated into it.

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Did anyone realize that once skill trees (which for the record, I dont support) get implemented, smurfs are going to have less of an advantage because there will be a start up period due to lack of skill points.

Therefore, they'll go back to their main accounts where they DO have that advantage, and stomp in exactly the same matches. It's a never ending cycle due to the small playerbase.

• KOS_Baconman likes this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

HugeGuts

HugeGuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

In retrospect it may have been better to publicly pull in more of the vets, get the NDA, explain as much of the business side, design side, and engineering constraints, and then work out the best path forward.

Let's keep talking; I don't consider this topic dead.

Sounds like it would be a very one sided conversation. I don't see any part before "work out the best path forward" where it says you actually listen to your customers. "You think you want how Hawken used to be, but you don't" is how I imagine that meeting would go. Reminds of Blizzard and their disgraceful response to the highly demanded legacy servers people were more than willing to pay for.

Edited by HugeGuts, 19 June 2016 - 07:59 AM.

TheFrostnessMonster

TheFrostnessMonster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

I'm divided on this.  It could have been better, but it could have been much, much worse.  The only way to find out now it to get our hands on it.

Keep up the hard work guys.

• Auth0ritarian and americanbrit14 like this

CRT master race... No questions allowed.

Period.

_incitatus

_incitatus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

G2 exception also abolished 

OG-G2 Exception established...

• crockrocket and DeeRax like this

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Question: what primary will the Infiltrator have?

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

Question: what primary will the Infiltrator have?

https://www.playhawk...chs/infiltrator

It seems that it's EOC repeater

• DerMax likes this

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

But I will keep my HEAT cannon, because I am a vet, right?

• dorobo, Saturnine and DeeRax like this

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

So we're getting a lot of new mechs. From a lore standpoint will this finally mean the inclusion of one of the other megacorps (Crion)? Is there any talk of an associated bundle being made available?

Edited by (TDM)crockrocket, 19 June 2016 - 09:25 AM.

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Seems the devs got this one right since that's THE ALMIGHTY load out. THE MYSTERIES OF THE BLINKING RED LIGHT SHALL CONTINUE IN 2016 !!

wmmoney.png

Bergwein

Bergwein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

The Grenadier can now be obliterated with ease by any pilot who is able to press spacebar.

gg

Spoiler

SandSpider2

SandSpider2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

I have a question about an aspect of game lore. Don't worry,  I know that this isn't very important compared to all the other things that are going on.

when I joined this game, I wasn't aware that the mechs were called Axe's. I would read posts on the forums that talked about that name and didn't know what people meant. It wasn't until I read the graphic novel that I found out what was going on. 

I think if mechs were marketed as Axe's more and we were referred to as Axe pilots in game, it would help make the game more individual and help to set it apart from other games and give a bit more immersion.

Below, an excerpt from  Hawken Universe Bible / HUB

AXE

A colloquial term for a weaponized mech. What the initials are actually an acronym for is debated among pilots.

Below, an excerpt from  An Interview With Laila.

CJ. I notice that you call the mechs Axes, why is that?

Laila. Well, that's a simple one. You see, a mech is what we use for everyday things like heavy lifting, transporting things, mining work and construction. An Axe however, is armoured and carries weapons. Axes are only used for one thing and that is fighting.

CJ. I see, I had no idea that there was a difference like that. I just thought that a mech was a mech.

• Hyginos, -Tj-, Hijinks_The_Turtle and 1 other like this

SandSpiderBanner%207_zpsf0vtqnox.png

The Atlas Of Illal https://community.pl...atlas-of-illal/

Illal Maps and Information https://community.pl...nd-information/
An Interview With Laila https://community.pl...iew-with-laila/

The Quarantine of Illal https://community.pl...ntine-of-illal/

hestoned

hestoned

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

how do i cant even what

my gren ;_;

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

how do i cant even what

my gren ;_;

Yours will stay exactly as-is, maybe some HP tweaks etc. Only new grens will have the limited weapons, etc.

I think.

• americanbrit14 and DeeRax like this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Old mech should not be accessible in "normal games", but rather in private servers with "mod" or special "playground" servers.

Otherwise it could ruin the balance the new dev team will try to set-up.

If the one weapon per mech thing must go through, this might be the best solution to legacy mechs.

Now that I'm reading through this again, this reeks of corporate involvement. My impression of CapnJosh from the early dev interviews was someone who was reasonably aware of what kind of balance and economy things we were looking for, so I'm starting to think the dev team might be under duress. You folks OK over there? Blink once for torture and twice for hostage loved ones.

Edited by Hyginos, 19 June 2016 - 10:24 AM.

• dorobo, Miscellaneous, eth0 and 3 others like this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts
I have a mixed feelings of disappointment and joy.
I am glad that the game is moving and it is possible a good changes for future players. but the more the game is changed, the less "HA?KEN" remains in it. with each new remake/patch Hawken turns into an ordinary shooter game more and more...

• claisolais, DieselCat and IronJelly like this

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

much to discuss, all in all i like the angle your taking on this but obvious holes in the plan are obvious

ultimately i keep writing and storing paragraphs since that Q&A post but i keep getting mired in talking about purely speculatory theorys regarding business, legal, press, advertising, ownership, and contractual crap like the number of contracts RLD 505 and e3 had EACH OTHER SIGN, regarding all of this, and what those contracts entailed. very complex and convoluted stuff, more paperwork then i dare to imagine, but already did for unfortunately. theres more im sure, call it "ways of going about things".

anyway now we are here at this stage of things and the e3 portion is done so the limitation on scope of nda inclusion and quanity of nda inclusions, and scope of discussion outside of nda, as well as likely PARTIAL limitation on community involvement is done with (it is still after all THEIR project, not ours)

i wont go into all of why it had to be this way up till after e3 cuz its really annoying, for more reasons then i care to say we could have no or almost no involvement in the process, and nothing could be leaked, because if everyone leaked the details of what they'd display at e3, then nobody would go to e3, 505 and RLD needed to do all the heavy lifting and reap all the credit throughout the process because they are the owner(s)/producer(s)/developers, and we are just "community input" after all.

that is up till this point anyway, after this they already did enough work to say safely its in their hands going forward, and from here on they accept more in depth community input and involvement, create and develop things based on received input, and further the business that is hawken/howken.

still just speculation

yes i did actually make some paragraphs and then scrap it:

Spoiler

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

Crafty's gonna get even more hackusations with twice the Rev-GL.

• MomOw and WillyW like this

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

now to move past those speculations:

they seem to have a good handle on separating hawken from howken, so what should likely be aimed for is a differentiation between howken mechs and hawken mechs within public game modes, for simplicity you can call it TDM HAWKEN and TDM HOWKEN

where hawken will call "compacted variety mech variants", mechs with 3 primaries each, and howken with 30 mechs at 1 primary apiece will be "expanded variety mech variants", private servers will see functionality towards being able to differentiate OR blend the 2? and maybe in time we can fashion a quality blended version that we can introduce some public servers with this blended version

theres likely other differences between hawken and howken that could possibly be preserved or is already being preserved, that could come with further customization towards blending or preserving the natural difference

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

I'm extremely satisfied. Thank you Tiggs, Josh, and everyone else working on this project. I greatly appreciate all that you've done.

• Auth0ritarian likes this

claisolais

claisolais

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Tiggs&Josh:

Can you guys confirm that you guys are going to remove mech head chassis customization (like a CRT head ss)?

And primary weapon options? It seems you guys haven't said anything like "We WILL do that."

And, are we get to keep our purchased mech head chassis? Can you guys confirm?

Seriously if I spend 200 bucks in order to have them all available on all of my mechs, and you guys suddenly decided not to do so, I will ask for my dollars back!

And if our old mechs cant access to all game modes, it equals to not allowing me to keep my purchased customizations/weapons, pls be SPECIFIC.

We dont purchase those customization to build a museum.

***One more question**, the trailer, the ss does not have Ord's foot chassis yet having Ord series on other part, does it means some other parts chassis are unique like head chassis?

Edited by claisolais, 19 June 2016 - 01:46 PM.

Ic6j9zJ.png

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

I'm glad to see you guys open up to more questions.  Hopefully we'll be able to see more things on the lore of Hawken.  Other than that, I'm a tad bit concerned on G2 mechs having more advantages to the regular versions of the mechs.  This is straight up going to be a problem if people are going to be able to purchase these things with premium currency.  Hawken had problems because people assumed the game was P2W.  Having mechs that are overall better than others is not going dampen that.

Also, the 'legacy mechs' might become a problem due to their far more versatile weapon set than their more limited cousins.  When paired up with different variations, a T32 Pred is a decent good bursty assassin, a Breacher Pred is able to harass at long ranges and can deal massive damage with an uncharged shot up close, and the Dual EOC Pred makes mines for days.  This is just one of those mechs, if legacy mechs are able to play in the field with the normies, then this could cause some form of outcry just because of the sheer versatility of them.

• Miscellaneous, SandSpider2 and Nightfirebolt like this

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

And if our old mechs cant access to all game modes, it equals to not allow us to keep our purchased customizations/weapons, pls be SPECIFIC.

noted and dismissed on general principle,

your self interests do not out weigh the games interest in self preservation and continuation,

"it equals to not allow us" is grounds for dismissal in and of itself

if you disagree with the idea of keeping both Hawken and Howken environments, and continuing to sell Hawken mechs for the Hawken based environment, using only your comment that i quoted as justification, you are fooling only yourself

Edited by ArchMech@Twitch.tv/ArcanicFlame, 19 June 2016 - 12:36 PM.

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Guys, I know this is kinda out of place, but I would like to ask a new question, if the Devs are reading this anyway. Could you please use more of the existing HAWKEN Music tracks in game? Just listening to all these awesome tracks that never got used, it feels like such a waste. These are some of the most badass music tracks I've heard in a while from a game, and totally fit this game to a T. 

Anichkov3

Anichkov3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

As has already been asked before - "What will the mechs using the nief and charge chassis be called or will they just use their chassis names?"

I propose to call the Nief = Nephilim

I propose to call the Charge = CharLi

http://www.hawken.ru- ???? ??????????? ?????????? ??????? (Website of the Russian community)

http://ru.hawken.wikia.com - ??????? ????????? ?? ???? (Russian Wikipedia HAWKEN)

http://vk.com/hawken - ???????? ??????????? ?????????? ??????? ? ?? (social network VK)

WillyW

WillyW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

" Existing purchases, however, will remain available to be equipped."

You might want to consider the option of selling off some of your fully-leveled smurf accounts. I mean, the amount of time you spent should be worth something, considering that new players wont have access to any of it. You'll be a like the drug dealer for smurf accounts. YOU GOT THE STUFF DOOD?

Edited by WillyW, 19 June 2016 - 01:03 PM.

• Nightfirebolt, Rainbow_Sheep and DallasCreeper like this

2XhpJes.png

claisolais

claisolais

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

noted and dismissed on general principle,

your self interests do not out weigh the games interest in self preservation and continuation,

"it equals to not allow us" is grounds for dismissal in and of itself

if you disagree with the idea of keeping both Hawken and Howken environments, and continuing to sell Hawken mechs for the Hawken based environment, using only your comment that i quoted as justification, you are fooling only yourself

My fuzzing point was to make sure them being SPECIFIC.

Allowing us to have our mechs, I might purchase $200 worth of MCs to keep my customization options. And if those mechs can only be in a "Legacy mode" or being banned from general matches--which could just end up like you said, but in a different way: Hawken being what it is now, NO updates; And new Howken for everything new.

Well, donno if you're implying this or something different, but I gotta admit that I don't like this way, VERY.    Hawken I've signed for was long gone.

If you don't like the word that might trying to represent the general public, just say that ALONE.

But note that I'm not representing we pilots (My English problem, maybe), and I'm actually trying not to be fooled by dev's words (Cos those words might be misleading). 

I'll change my words, and that's it, I dont give a fuzzy bunny how you think that equal or not, I'm after for my answers, and those answers might answer someone else's question, but not my business.

Thanks for telling me my wording mistake. Take care now.

Ic6j9zJ.png

Onebullit

Onebullit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

I propose to call the Charge = CharLi

Also,

We can give Charlie the Tri-Seeker and call the weapon Charlie's Angels

r1j149.jpg

Edited by Onebullit, 19 June 2016 - 01:57 PM.

><(((((°> - - - - - - - - - - -  ><((°> ><((°> ><((°>

HAWKEN ---> hawken ---> hawken ---> RIP 2017

Hawken gameplay and funky fragmontages: Hawken playlist

Buy Free Mechs for 1234 $, NO SCAM, Babaji Approves

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

again....

people pour salt on my wounds....

i do not WANT a dual rev Gren thank you.... you have henceforth created the most useless spray and pray carpet bomber of hawken history....

as stated above,

how do i cant even what

my gren ;_;

i feel you man... I really Do

• claisolais likes this

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Also,

We can give Charlie the Tri-Seeker and call the weapon Charlie's Angels

r1j149.jpg

Ironic an angel spewing something akin to hellfire

Onebullit

Onebullit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Angels do that all the time, what are you talking about.

• Flifang likes this

><(((((°> - - - - - - - - - - -  ><((°> ><((°> ><((°>

HAWKEN ---> hawken ---> hawken ---> RIP 2017

Hawken gameplay and funky fragmontages: Hawken playlist

Buy Free Mechs for 1234 $, NO SCAM, Babaji Approves

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

You might want to consider the option of selling off some of your fully-leveled smurf accounts. I mean, the amount of time you spent should be worth something, considering that new players wont have access to any of it. You'll be a like the drug dealer for smurf accounts. YOU GOT THE STUFF DOOD?

Except this is against the TOS. 

I probably have as many, give or take an order of magnitude, as Crafty.  I wouldn't even consider this.  Even if you meant it as humor.

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

again....

people pour salt on my wounds....

i do not WANT a dual rev Gren thank you.... you have henceforth created the most useless spray and pray carpet bomber of hawken history....

as stated above,

i feel you man... I really Do

JFC, it's been stated multiple times that any mech you bought before the new changes will remain the same. Our grens that we already have will remain the same. OUR GRENS WILL BE FINE AND HEALTHY.

Actually read, folks.

• Onebullit, Flifang and Shade__ like this

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users