• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Q: Is there anything we, as a community, can help you with?

A:

Spoiler

So, we're going to be looking at this commentary from CapnJosh in Augmentia's interview as transcribed by FatNept.

I will be breaking this post up into several sections on weapon and mech balance before looking at stretchy ideas, and finally a list of community generated topics that are worth reading from a development standpoint.

The purpose of the thread is to provide a reference point for current and future developers 

There will also be big letters in comic sans.

It's worth noting that I'm typing this up myself. The more discussion there is, the less of a personal bias there will be. Of course, personal bias isn't a bad thing... when it's mine. Also I don't have intensive studies for every single weapon and mech. All of my mechs are at level 6, and I have duplicates of a couple, and I've played every weapon - but not each extensively. For instance, the T32 bolt on the Predator, I have perhaps 2 games playing, over a year ago. The listings as they are currently stated are my perceptions, which in some cases are lacking in evidence.

It is also a valid observation that many of these balance issues as they stand originally in this post reflect the mindset of an NA comp player. I believe this is a valid place to begin the debate.

The people who have the most information and the most familiarity synthesizing, forming hypothesis, and testing that information are players that have individually spent many hundreds to thousands of hours playing the game, talking about the game, thinking about the game, and trying new things in the game. The majority of people that fall into that category are competitive or otherwise highly ranked players. North America has the largest network of these players and thus the largest supply of evidence and experience. This does not mean that the standard NA Competitive opinion is always correct. It means that if we want to start the debate as close as possible to objective, this is the most reasonable place to start explicitly due to the quantity of information that has been exchanged and tested through this network.

If there are sufficient tests or evidence supporting an opposing position in game balance, this post WILL be edited to reflect that.

While I'm more involved with this community than the great majority of players in the game, I have not read every thread ever. This thread is about community perception and discussion and if you are able to string a few words together about something you enjoy or dislike or disagree with in this topic, please do so. HOWEVER, if you are going to speak on issues that require the consideration of numerical information of weapons, PLEASE utilize Hawken's Salty Stats when available.

WEAPON BALANCE

Told you.

XT variants found under mechs.

Spoiler

MECH BALANCE

Spoiler

OTHER BALANCE

Items, internals, and item/internal progression.

Spoiler

STRETCHY IDEAS

Ideas that are kind of way out there, but provide some insight into the creativity that could be implemented in Hawken.

This section needs some work, as I don't spend too much time in the Suggestions subforum. To start, I've just got a few of my own threads.

Spoiler

COMMUNITY CANON

Those exceptionally salient threads? They go here.

Spoiler

So uh. That's that. x*1000 words later.

Please help me fill in the blanks. The Community Canon Section and Stretchy Ideas section could certainly use more, but I feel I've also missed some good balance suggestions.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 29 December 2015 - 06:33 PM.

• Nachoeslach, Nept, Odinous and 11 others like this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

Tickle. You're drunk again.

I guess it's for a good cause.  Carry on.

• OdinTheWise and Knowledge70 like this

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

FEF-FEFington

FEF-FEFington

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Good listy-list of things!

76561198011099779.png

Formerly known as "HawkeyeJ"

Also Known As "The guy who played Hawken with a steering wheel"

YouTube | Steam

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Tickle. You're drunk again.

I guess it's for a good cause.  Carry on.

I started this at 2 PM my time. I was not drunk all day. Go away.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

I started this at 2 PM my time. I was not drunk all day. Go away.

hlLDdV9.png

Edited by Amidatelion, 27 October 2015 - 06:52 PM.

• Nept, Aregon, Erzunterweltler and 12 others like this

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Could the Charger C class mech idea go under stretchy? and the Damper internal.

https://community.pl...h-idea-charger/

The speed debuff received some pushback as it would potentially be OP against A class.

I think it is a solid concept that just needs balance.

It was followed with an idea for a Damper internal that could be 2-3-4 slot and mitigate the effect of all debuff weapons (the suggested Charger speed debuff, and also the Redox damage vulnerability and the Bear-Mama heating debuff)

EDIT: Another scanner suggestion that isn't listed is to make it pulse at 3sec intervals instead of constant visibility.

Edited by 6ixxer, 27 October 2015 - 08:19 PM.

thirtysix

thirtysix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

IMHO, liked it better when we could manage heat with more heatsinks... just two more shots... just two more...

Asus Rampage III Extreme, Core I7 950, Dual EVGA 580Ti, 16Gb G.Skill Sniper, 240Gb PNY SSD, Walmart mic :P~

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

IMHO, liked it better when we could manage heat with more heatsinks... just two more shots... just two more...

or you could....you know...git gud...

• OdinTheWise likes this

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Yes to all of this, though personal comments include

T32 on G2R has a bug where it fires blanks independent of input, showing on radar, and doing no damage.

Incini, perhaps in an effort to change the weapons, change how they interact with the SAARE, have one be a flamethrower range of a tech beam that applies a small damage over time and a moderate amount of heat to target.

Hellfires, i feel the laser guide would be a good new weapon, hellfires could use a dumbfire boost, such as flight speed, though they need a slight damage boost, as of now they are the only secondary that cant destroy a scanner/scrambler on a single discharge.

Reaper, make its ability give pierce damage in addition to its accuracy, ie function similar to charged breacher,

G2R, keep the fuel usage, perhaps reduce the consumption, and remove radar signature, though the reload animation is a secondary concern 

(Non Vanguard)Turrets, this fits slightly under the stretchy ideas, give the turret modes no damage increase from the back(they are already sitting ducks) give them some sort of team boosting effect, brawler gives some regen to team in AoE, rocketeer gets a hover mode, A class height off the ground, faster, but harder to control, like a boat,

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

The Circle of Several Sabots does not approve of nor endorse the validity of this thread until the following error(s) has / have been identified and patched:

Spoiler

We leave the adjudication for where the error(s) is / are up to the community. If and when we deem fit, The Circle of Several Sabots shall formally facilitate the balance process through our vast knowledge regarding the way of the SABOT Slug.

—From our Bunker, to the domain of Hawken's community, we shall now leave our imprint on this thread, knowing that the community shall prevail in said balance decisions. We do hope you won't disappoint us.

-The Circle of Several Sabots

Edited by Draigun, 27 October 2015 - 08:38 PM.

• Nept, JackVandal and DeeRax like this

TpsOr7F.png

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
'The debate worth having is that in combination with barriers, the Technician's ability, and the Helix Repair Torch, the Technician can gain temporary invulnerability from the fire of one or two mechs attacking simultaneously. The Repair Torch has the ability to heal certain damaged items that have been dropped - such as a barrier or turret. In addition to healing the item, the operator is also healed. The ability allows for a very powerful burst in this healing ability for 6.5 seconds. This is enough time to kill any A or B class with strictly an RPR and bring any C class to near death with the same weapon.'

This is way less powerful than you make it seem. I've done testing and a tech only using RPR overheats when shooting a c-class after only doing 400 hp damage. Pretty far from 'to near death', more like 'about half'. And that's the thing I'm missing with your argument, it's that and healing and shooting makes the tech overheat extremely fast, and might even be before doing enough damage to kill an A-class. 

Also 'invulnerability' is an exaggeration, you will die when getting attacked by two enemies. Tech's always only 3 tows or two SS bursts away from dying with it's low armor cap.

TL;DR: Can't actually do what you describe due to heat being a thing, exaggeration.

Edited by (KDR) Dr_Freeze001, 27 October 2015 - 10:50 PM.

KkaQ7HY.png

hsabot4.png  jaDBqOD.png  JsRCQoO.png  4XXKL4C.png

KDR Clan Leader | UVW Host |  KOBALT Leader

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

'The debate worth having is that in combination with barriers, the Technician's ability, and the Helix Repair Torch, the Technician can gain temporary invulnerability from the fire of one or two mechs attacking simultaneously. The Repair Torch has the ability to heal certain damaged items that have been dropped - such as a barrier or turret. In addition to healing the item, the operator is also healed. The ability allows for a very powerful burst in this healing ability for 6.5 seconds. This is enough time to kill any A or B class with strictly an RPR and bring any C class to near death with the same weapon.'

This is way less powerful than you make it seem. I've done testing and a tech only using RPR overheats when shooting a c-class after only doing 400 hp damage. Pretty far from 'to near death', more like 'about half'. And that's the thing I'm missing with your argument, it's that and healing and shooting makes the tech overheat extremely fast, and might even be before doing enough damage to kill an A-class.

Also 'invulnerability' is an exaggeration, you will die when getting attacked by two enemies. Tech's always only 3 tows or two SS bursts away from dying with it's low armor cap.

TL;DR: Can't actually do what you describe due to heat being a thing, exaggeration.

Gotcha. As I recall, you have much more experience than me on this matter and I will defer to you on said point short of being proven otherwise.

Tech is one of my least used mechs and when I do use it, it's rarely to never on an account over 2000 MMR, so my personal experience with it is likely off base if you say so.

Will edit in the morning when I have a keyboard in front of me. Sorting through that mess of spoilers and comic sans is a nightmare editing even on a computer. Certainly not going for it on mobile.

Actually tomorrow I will dare to organize it a little better. This whole chunk of stuff was written in a couple hour or so long increments over the course of the day, so consistency in individual post organization is a little scattered.

In the meantime, please pretend it's more consistent than it is.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 27 October 2015 - 11:10 PM.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
Breacher: Way loud. Turn that racket off, pleaseIbegofyou.
*Personal note, I still think it would make a way better Tech prestige weapon than the 223.

AM-SAR: While balanced, it's kind of offputting. The clicky-click mechanic makes it seem like just a manual RPR.

B3-AR Series: What if each weapon made the SAARE behave differently? Like the BBY gave the SAARE shots that ricochete, the PPA could do multi-directional shot (think three fireballs fired at once, at different angles), etc. These particular ideas may not be that great, but something in the right direction maybe?

Seeker: Put me down for balanced.

GL: I second that suggetion.

HF: I like the "buff all the things" idea. The alternate suggestion sounds way complicated, but if we had a TESTING ENVIRONMENT TO TRY IT IN, I would be curious to see how it goes.

TOW: Remove remote detonation? If it's so accurate, you should be able to land your shots well enough, or at least be able to utilize the splash.

Helix: My suggestion? GET OVER IT

Reaper: My first love, my pride and joy, she needs help. You see, her teeth got busted up by some cranky devs. Now her bites can only do so much. She needs her teeth fixed, doc. She needs 'em sharpened. I agree that a standard issue damage buff would be bland, but I also agree that the current ability needs to be overhauled. What about explosive rounds? Or tracker rounds? Makes an enemy show on radar, maybe makes that enemy take more damage too?

Tech: (See Helix suggestion)

Assault: I think a cut to the health pool would be a good move.

Bruiser: Firstly, I do agree that a Hellfire balance should come first, shortly followed by a look at this mechs ability. That being said, I would like to see a health buff. I feel like the Bruiser is more "suppress and defend," but it doesn't have a high enough health pool to excel in that role. This is compounded by the fact that the Assault has more health and a stronger secondary, meaning it is better equipped to do the Bruiser's job than the Bruiser is.

Fred: I would like this idea, but since it's been in the shop, the "sancitity" so to speak is lost. Not sure how much it would really mean to Cupcake it, but I definitely won't say I'm against it.

Brawler: I think it's just fine.

G2R: The radar thing is kind of stupid, especially since the ability just makes you run faster. I like the idea of either buffing the ability or the fuel tank.

Gren: 

Now instead of your spam of Rev-GLs into a site just turning red and more scary, there's a lot more of them and they're still red and scary. 

Incin: Yeah it's balanced, but the ability kinda sucks. Not sure what else you could do with it, but I feel like there's something better out there.

Rocketeer: Don't forget, the ability also sucks up all enemy EMPs, and that's pretty handy.

Health Orbs: Just get rid of them. There, I said it, sue me.

Edited by SatelliteJack, 27 October 2015 - 11:29 PM.

cUB1aCW.jpg?2

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Will edit in the morning when I have a keyboard in front of me. Sorting through that mess of spoilers and comic sans is a nightmare editing even on a computer. Certainly not going for it on mobile.

Actually tomorrow I will dare to organize it a little better. This whole chunk of stuff was written in a couple hour or so long increments over the course of the day, so consistency in individual post organization is a little scattered.

Well, best of luck with that. I can imagine it being a challenge. Still, it's a good thing to get everything together in one post.

KkaQ7HY.png

hsabot4.png  jaDBqOD.png  JsRCQoO.png  4XXKL4C.png

KDR Clan Leader | UVW Host |  KOBALT Leader

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

A thought; is the fire rate on the GL lower than the TOW to facilitate later remote detonation to compensate for the slower projectile?  What can be done about this?

Another thought:  Can remote det be tied to a different button than fire for megadistance TOWs and GL remote-det shots?

Edited by cynical_smarms, 28 October 2015 - 12:08 AM.

100% Hamburger | #becomeinpopcorn

AOTbYIL.png

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

I agree with almost every thing Tickle has written down (not neccessarily his opinion, tho).

But for me, major things are missing:

- Remove hitscan entirely, every weapon should have an actual projectile

- Every ability that currently has a timer should generate some amount of heat while active (timer removed, use ability as long as you like)

- Increase heat generation for every weapon (Look at some old weapons where the EOC could actually overheat a mech. Sounds stupid, right? The EOC?)

- Dodging should consume fuel again

- AirCompressor should not negate the vertical speed when dodging

- Add inacurracy when hovering and dodging for every weapon (except for missiles)

- Improve the stealth of predator and infiltrator (atleast the borders should be smoothened with the surroundings, fix the bugs (smoke is not animated through the stealth))

- Get rid of unrealistic internals (dmg reduced when dying? Fuel Convertor?) and add tradeoffs again

- Give us a new, fancy looking HUD

- Everything what tickle has collected from the community (and himself)

Edited by FakeName, 28 October 2015 - 12:11 AM.

• Anichkov3 likes this

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

A thought; is the fire rate on the GL lower than the TOW to facilitate later remote detonation to compensate for the slower projectile?  What can be done about this?

Another thought:  Can remote det be tied to a different button than fire for megadistance TOWs and GL remote-det shots?

If it's slower for the purpose of facilitating later remote detonation, then the operator can just wait to detonate it.

Yes to the second thought, just because I feel I would use it, but in terms of balance I'm not so sure.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

I don't know what can be considered as "quick-fix", but the following ideas could help :

EOC repeater : increase the number of puck of the uncharged EOC to 4

Hellfire : increase the initial speed and reduce the spread of the dumbfire mode

Vulcan XT : I'm pretty sure that left and right vulcan XT have different stats, if so the "primary" vulcan XT could have same stat line as the AR, and keep the secondary as it is. It's not fluffy but it could do the job.

Rocketeer : give it the AM-SAR or the SA-Hawkins instead of the EOC repeater

Reaper : an "easy" change of it's ability could be the pred vision.

Also turret mode should have a faster cancel / unturret and an increase of the front damage reduction.

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

Shoutaxeror

Shoutaxeror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Agreed. I'd rather change TOW mechanic than align GL on TOW.

EOC repeater : increase the number of puck of the uncharged EOC to 4

This would break the weapon design (2*3 pucks). I think a good way to increase EOC's DPS is just simply by decreasing the reload cooldown of the first 3 pucks.

Also, some things I've heard many times :

Corsair-KLA : Slightly decrease the changing mode cooldown

Seeker : Nepacaka already said it's the most viable option for rocketeer. And it's a freaking annoying weapon, change its mechanics ffs.

T-32 Bolt : slightly decrease dispersion, at least at close to medium range

Brawler with SA Hawkins : It makes it good at all range. With its healthpool, it makes it OP. And isn't the Brawler supposed to be a close range mech ?

Personnal suggestion : Change this weapon with another. Why not Reflak ?

Assault and CRT : Assault OP, CRT useless.

Personnal suggestions : Give Assault the CRT stats. Change CRT mechanics (stats, weapons and ability) to make it a fun mech to play (it already has a fun chassis so it's a good start)

Edited by (KDR) Shoutaxeror, 28 October 2015 - 02:07 AM.

KkaQ7HY.png

SaYxVQp.pngWgWPdMp.png

KDR Veteran | PrT Participant

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

Assault and CRT : Assault OP, CRT useless.

Personnal suggestions : Give Assault the CRT stats. Change CRT mechanics (stats, weapons and ability) to make it a fun mech to play (it already has a fun chassis so it's a good start)

I'd love to have the CRT the only mech with only one choice of primary and 3 choice of secondary :

AR as primary and TOW/GL/hellfire as secondary.

• HugeGuts, Shoutaxeror and JackVandal like this

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

i know guys, you love alot of babaji text :D           sorry!

i agree with many Ticklemyiguana points, but not with all.

Brawler with SA Hawkins : It makes it good at all range. With its healthpool, it makes it OP.

it suck in close range fight, because DPS. his HP help him with this, but his speed... it is actually not OP, Vanguard with Mini-flak can shred Brawler, or any mech with Vulcan. it is not OP. but it balanced very good more or less. Actually, brawler always have a problem with balance. It is probably most scariest mech in one on one, but in the same time it can be useless without tech in fight. And it is just a support-mech, he can't do nothing without his team, he not deal tonnes of damage and not have high DPS. he can't survive alone, and his HP doesn't safe you.

imho, brawler with current stats is very good balanced for 5vs5 matches, but not for 6vs6

1) Flak
i disagree about Flak. it not working on brawler like it working on scout now. My suggestion, more smooth falloff for bulets, or increased shrapnels to 10 per shot (now it is 8)
Most of problem, it is good weapon in 1vs1, but not in 6vs6, where you can't realize your potencial. (not all map is a Origin =/ )

or gain Brawler his own Flak-XT version. his Flak should be a most devastative weapon at point blank range, but it is not.
Another idea, make brawler flak-xt a 120-130 damage, and falloff starting with 10 meters (10m - 130 dmg, 20m - 120 dmg, 30m - 110 dmg, 40m - 80 dmg, 50m - 30 dmg).
Bralwer with flak should have scriest opponent at point blank, but he is not... he is fear and lose against weapon like vulcan or mini-flak.

2) Incinerator

incinerator, it broken so much, he destroy general hawken rules. it can be only OP, or nerfed into oblivion. better way to fix it - rework it.
but most of problem actually ppa with saare. with bby it useles. ability is useless. it is good only with mama.

i can suggest most easy way to change it which i see (only with his current stats).

- decrease big-saare blast radius by 20%

- decrease big-saare arc trajectory 2/3 distance (to prevent inci ship destroying, now you can shoot in ship only with small-saare)

- decrease big-saare fireball speed to 110 (140 now)

- decrease big-saare damage to 75.

- increase bby damage a little.

- change ability into "heat transfer"

- delete his cooling aura, or turn it into ability.

easy way that i can suggest. but i actually preffer to see it totally reworked, and admit every hawken rules. this mech now have to many roles in the same time. inci is a damage dealer, tank, buffer/debuffer (support). it is wrong. it should be only support and nothing more. or divided roles :
- support with baby
- damage dealer with papa
- debuffer/support with mama
Actually, nothing good changes for this mech, while incinerator doesn't use standart overheat system like other mechs.

3) AR
Assault Rifle, should have a very slightly accuracy nerf and falloff nerf. a very very slightly. -2% maybe. it is so good now, so, nerf it just for fun! xD

4) Sustain
All sustain weapon should be nerfed by "Damage Before Overheat" stats. minimum -150 damage. ie, increased sustain weapon heat. it's required a very long time to explain why.

5) EOC-Predator
You Should can detonate your Mines while you use boost!

6) TOW and GL

Suggestion: Buff fire rate to TOW level.

TOW is not OP weapon, just all other secondaries like HF is useless xD
GL no need buff. it is a different weapon with higher splash radius, and ricochete as advantage. if you know where you enemy stay, it is can be much more effective than TOW.
TOW optimal range is a 50m. if enemy stand higher than this distance and look at you. he can evade all of your rockets with dodge. (maybe except C-class, they need ~60m). since 70-80m you even no need to use dodge to evade TOW rocket, you just can change walking direction and enemy rockets not hit you. especially on a-class.

7) HellFire.
I think, maybe "beep-beep" sound should be sounded only when you already launch your rockets. enemy should not know that you use lock-on, before you are attack him.

8) Sabot
i disagree :P
you know why.

https://community.pl...hould-be-fixed/

9) Tech, Orbs, and Orblording

This is several things, which can not be nerfed/buffed without each other.

- Tech is underpowered now in attack, but you actually can't buff it.

- orb-lording is actually one of the weapon against tech.
Just realize situation. Enemy team have a tech, your team - not. What you should do in this situation? Obviously, use orblording tactics to neutralize a tech effect. While enemy tech heal tank, you use brawler and regeneration from several orbs. and your team have 10-20 sec to do something while you almost invulnerable to damage. it is more or less working...in siege mode :D  than you die, respawn, and repeat your orb-lording at AA against tech again.

If you nerf orb-lording, enemy team with tech gain more cons against you. this is actually whole broken system.

Also, tech have a some very good gameplay point, and fix some problems in game:
- tech delete deadlock situation

(not always, but 70-80%). If you play in Beta Hawken, you should remember situations like on top of UpTown. where both team use defensive way and nobody want to attack enemy team. Because even if Brawler with 1k HP trying attack 6 enemies, they just kill him in 1 second. But not with tech! Tech can smoothes such situations and not make game super-boring.
- tech can make fight more agressive.

With current meta, C-class with slow speed, and very slow dodge can't evade all damage if not use covers constantly. useless piece of meat. so, actually, they are not "Tanks" now. They are only "Supports" now. Only tech can transform "Support Brawler" into "Tank Brawler".

If you delete tech and orblording, C-class start sucking on Big maps (they actually sux right now, except Siege, and very bored gameplay in TDM, DM). Start sucking on Open space. (due the A and B class not suffer so much on open space like C, because they can dodging everytime)

yeah, i want nerf orblording, but it is more hard than many peoples think, because it ruined many things. but if you delete orblording, you should also delete tech. if you buff tech, you should also buff orblording, to gain a chance team without tech. this is how it working...you can divided it while we have tech in game.

How to fixed in TDM - Added gameplay like "zone control". On map in random place added a point on 2-3 minutes. than more your teammates stand in circle, than more points your team earn. after several minutes, points replacement in another random place on map. it is like one team trying to defence, second team trying to attack. etc.

Mech Changes which i want to see:

Scout

- jumping and flying acceleration should be decreased twice

- HP should be increased. it should be a mech which good on ground, now bunny hopping and acceleration is broken by Ascension patch, and Scout flying speed faster than berserk actually have, lol. (if he use boost+jump, the same problem have a raider in ability)

Reaper

the Reaper's primary weapons already have very high accuracy, and it is only useful for the secondary which admittedly has a rather wide spread unscoped.

KE-sabot have the same spread without scope. it is very close to zero. slug have a zero spread. actually, ability can working only with RPR and AMSAR.
it is not ability problem, just KE and Slug don't have a spread, so, reaper ability is totally useless now, because mostly reaper use Slug. another broken game mechanic, because we don't have dynamic weapon spread.

Raider
- He shouldn't have walking speed boost while ability, only boost speed.

Rocketeer
- oh...

- Add inacurracy when hovering and dodging for every weapon (except for missiles)

- Get rid of unrealistic internals (dmg reduced when dying? Fuel Convertor?) and add tradeoffs again

totally agree. except HUD conclusion. better return old one! :D

Conclusion. too much broken things in complex. Hawken need "hard reset" to fix all broken thing.

Edited by nepacaka, 28 October 2015 - 05:22 AM.

• ticklemyiguana likes this

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

Anichkov3

Anichkov3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Nerf ALL HITSCAN Weapon!  :thumbsup:

You need to add a delay between "time shots" and "eventually hit into an enemy."  About 30 ms. 

Hitscan is currently annoying to play against.  :pirate:

http://www.hawken.ru- ???? ??????????? ?????????? ??????? (Website of the Russian community)

http://ru.hawken.wikia.com - ??????? ????????? ?? ???? (Russian Wikipedia HAWKEN)

http://vk.com/hawken - ???????? ??????????? ?????????? ??????? ? ?? (social network VK)

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts
You need to add a delay between "time shots" and "eventually hit into an enemy."  About 30 ms.

it is already exist. called - Ping! ;D

we need return dynamic weapon spread...even if it will be a hard to balance

Edited by nepacaka, 28 October 2015 - 05:31 AM.

• MomOw likes this

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

also, i forgot one think about abilities and items.
items should be infinity, like it was before. and mech abilities should have a global cooldown, like it was before.
This should not be rewarded with death. This eliminates the problems of the siege, when the raider/bers uses the zerg-rush and suicidal tactics (use abilty -> die -> repeat). Or brawler uses Orb-lording at AA, then dies and returns again in 15 seconds later with a new bundle of Orbs.
this is was a wrong decision in Ascension.

Shoutaxeror

Shoutaxeror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

(about SA Hawkins brawler)

it suck in close range fight, because DPS. This is not true

his HP help him with this, but his speed... it is actually not OP, Vanguard with Mini-flak can shred Brawler, or any mech with Vulcan. it is not OP. but it balanced very good more or less. Actually, brawler always have a problem with balance. It is probably most scariest mech in one on one, but in the same time it can be useless without tech in fight. And it is just a support-mech, he can't do nothing without his team, he not deal tonnes of damage and not have high DPS. SA Hawkins DPS is a bit weaker than AR but in the end it deals more damage before overheat

he can't survive alone, and his HP doesn't safe you.

Thing is you compare it with mini flak vanguard, which is useless from medium to long range (it's quite a big downside). Only real downside of Hawkins Brawler is its lack of mobility, which is no big deal in the hand of a good pilot.

KkaQ7HY.png

SaYxVQp.pngWgWPdMp.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Nerf ALL HITSCAN Weapon!  :thumbsup:

Hitscan is currently annoying to play against.  :pirate:

More annoying then getting splashed around corners by massive radius AOEs? Hitscan is mostly fine IMO, though some tweaks would be good.

- Remove hitscan entirely, every weapon should have an actual projectile

- Every ability that currently has a timer should generate some amount of heat while active (timer removed, use ability as long as you like)

- Increase heat generation for every weapon (Look at some old weapons where the EOC could actually overheat a mech. Sounds stupid, right? The EOC?)

- Get rid of unrealistic internals (Fuel Convertor?) and add tradeoffs again

I am between "disagree" and "enthusiastically against" these points.

The above purely is to emphasize that a lot of the stuff in this thread has very much not reached anything resembling consensus.

On the subject of orblording: I think part of the problem is that repair kit is described as "more armor for repair charges" while in reality it increases both the amount of armor and the pickup speed. Fixing just that would at least make the full on orb vacuum build less overwhelming (I mean come on, it picks up like 70 armor per second), and after that we can see about adding mechanics like damage stopping orb heals for 1 second or something.

On the subject of Salt/CRT: Give salt the CRT's stats, then either retire or rework the CRT.

On the subject of vulcan-XT: Accuracy is slightly better than the vanilla vulcan and it's heat gen is lower than any other sustain weapon. Do not underestimate the value of having all the mech's DPS in bullet hose hitscan form. I think the G2A is mostly fine.

I think tickle mostly speaks for the consensus of the NA comp community.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts
Thing is you compare it with mini flak vanguard, which is useless from medium to long range (it's quite a big downside). Only real downside of Hawkins Brawler is its lack of mobility, which is no big deal in the hand of a good pilot.

it is OP so much! that why i always see in match vulcan-grens, incinerators, and rocketeers.
it is OP so much that i play against brawler very rare (and even more rare against Flak-brawler).
most of time i see only one brawler in team - me. and sometimes i see players who always play on brawler.

Edited by nepacaka, 28 October 2015 - 06:32 AM.

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Can remote det be tied to a different button than fire for megadistance TOWs and GL remote-det shots?

If I understand you correctly, the Middle Mouse Button already does that.

I don't know why they call it a Button when it's a Scrollwheel but whatever.

Shoutaxeror

Shoutaxeror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

it is OP so much! that why i always see in match vulcan-grens, incinerators, and rocketeers.
it is OP so much that i play against brawler very rare (and even more rare against Flak-brawler).
most of time i see only one brawler in team - me. and sometimes i see players who always play on brawler.

Problem is you need good aim with SA Hawkins.

KkaQ7HY.png

SaYxVQp.pngWgWPdMp.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Anichkov3

Anichkov3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

More annoying then getting splashed around corners by massive radius AOEs? Hitscan is mostly fine IMO, though some tweaks would be good.

Hitscan is bad IMO

http://www.hawken.ru- ???? ??????????? ?????????? ??????? (Website of the Russian community)

http://ru.hawken.wikia.com - ??????? ????????? ?? ???? (Russian Wikipedia HAWKEN)

http://vk.com/hawken - ???????? ??????????? ?????????? ??????? ? ?? (social network VK)

Aelita

Aelita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Scout! Debated subject. Current iteration is widely accepted as balanced.

I must live in some sort of paralell universe. Also i donīt dislike them because they are fun to play. They are just way too fast.

Nice work though. Gonna read all of it. Promised.

Edited by Aelita, 28 October 2015 - 07:21 AM.

peacecraftSLD

peacecraftSLD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

If there is talk of lowering the Assault's HP, then I would like to see an increase in the Run Sped and Air Speed. Trade the HP for mobility. Then Buff CRT with more HP, more Run Speed, and a new ability. That way the CRT is now its own Mech and the Assault is more Assaulty.

For the Bruiser, I do agree it needs more HP at least. If you use the Ability right, you can last a very long time but most don't really use the ability. Giving the Bruiser more HP will make it more viable when you need to make a push. Hell Fires can be discussed later.

I do think we need to add fuel consumption for ground dodging again and at least some internals with Trade-offs. What if there were 2 slot items that had the same perks as the 3 slot item but it has a Trade-off to compensate? Haven't really thought of this all the way through yet and I don't know if something like this was already pitched.

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

I do think we need to add fuel consumption for ground dodging again

There is very little I'd like to see less than this.  All I remember from the fuel dodge days was 1v1s, over the course of the fight, going from essentially what they are now to both mechs just kinda stomping around each other while both pilots spasmed over the dodge input while waiting for their fuel to regen.  It felt sluggish and disappointing by comparison; more movement and movement options is BETTRRRR.

• Nept, Hyginos, JeffMagnum and 2 others like this

100% Hamburger | #becomeinpopcorn

AOTbYIL.png

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

more movement and movement options is BETTRRRR.

#reducethedelay (?)

• Nept, hellc9943, JeffMagnum and 1 other like this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

maxajcd

maxajcd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Incini, perhaps in an effort to change the weapons, change how they interact with the SAARE, have one be a flamethrower range of a tech beam that applies a small damage over time and a moderate amount of heat to target.

I actually thought about this a lot and maybe replace the SAARE with a flamethrower with moderate damage but it slowly uses fuel when firing and when enemies are hit, it does not give them heat but provides a debuff (about the time of redox) that will prevent any heat loss unless using a coolant ability (Assaults, CRT). Its just an idea and im not so sure about the fuel using but with the nature of the current Incin weapons with relatively high heat generation, adding a heat making secondary would make shooting impossible. Also, remove the heat syphon passive of the Incin and maybe tweak the ability? Basically a complete overhaul, infinite firing is not a mechanic that should be in the game, also with no heat syphon, it would help the tech-incin wombo combo.

Edited by maxajcd, 28 October 2015 - 09:05 AM.

I do appreciate the art, but I don't have time to find anything good. /h/

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts
fuzzy bunny yes. fuzzy bunny yes.

Keep saying things guys. No time to edit op at the moment or reply at any length to some of the comments but this gives me the chance to describe some things as "debated".

Hygs, of course my personal input is closer to the NA comp scene. We're right about it all.

As a general response, while there will obviously be someone who disagrees with everything, I want to present an article that fulfills the requests of Reloaded. A summary of sorts.

Causes for editing the OP will be if I genuinely haven't thought of something, if my numbers are wrong (and I'm not the most diligent when it comes to testing, I've relied heavily on salty stats which are in some cases already outdated), when there is clearly a debate that has not been listed, when greater evidence for something previously dismissed as irrelevant arises, or when there's good cause to update the last two sections.

There are quite a few posts I haven't had the chance to respond to but over the course of the day I'll go through them all.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Scout! Debated subject. Current iteration is widely accepted as balanced.

I must live in some sort of paralell universe. Also i donīt dislike them because they are fun to play. They are just way too fast.

That's about as lopsided an engagement as you can find, scout-wise: CQC against an SS, free opening salvo, and the top scout duelist in the game.  And yet I kept up with that "way too fast" speed just fine.  If scouts were speed-nerfed, they'd be absolute garbage in higher-tier lobbies.

Edited by Nept: Ultra Lord of the God-Kings, 28 October 2015 - 09:23 AM.

• MechFighter5e3bf9, Miscellaneous, comic_sans and 2 others like this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

That's about as lopsided an engagement as you can find, scout-wise: CQC against an SS, free opening salvo, and the top scout duelist in the game.  And yet I kept up with that "way too fast" speed just fine.  If scouts were speed-nerfed, they'd be absolute garbage in higher-tier lobbies.

ye but u still ded

• Nept, Miscellaneous, Hyginos and 4 others like this

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

I died with style.

• 1uster, SatelliteJack and ropefish like this

ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

i only have one request, give rocketeer's turret mode the ability of multi lock

with the maximum lock on targets being the max amount of rockets, more of a support thing then a raw damage thing

Edited by Reedfish, 28 October 2015 - 09:44 AM.

• comic_sans likes this

*SCREECHING* 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)